Update : March 19, 2020
RIT has produced Distinguished Authors and Laureate Poets.
Tekkatho Moe War (Saya U Moe Aung)
- Editor of RUESU (Rangoon University Engineering Students Union) Magazine
- Chief Editor of “Hlyat Sit Sar Saung” (published the EE Association)
- Chief Editor of RIT Annual Magazines (for a decade or so)
- Chief Editor of commemorative “Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung” (for SPZP-2002, SPZP-2007, and SPZP-2010)
- Chief Editor of commemorative “Swel Daw Yeik Magazine” (for Shwe YaDu and SPZP-2016)
- “Swel Daw Yeik Foundation News/Updates”
- Articles and Poems in newspapers, journals, magazines
- Author and/or Co-author of Books (Poems, Articles)
Ma Sandar (Daw Cho Cho Tin)
- Won several National Literary Awards.
- Donated several of her books to SPZP-2012, the Golden Jubilee, and selected “G Hall Thus”.
- Her spouse, U San Maung served as an editor of the GJ issue for the combined 1st BE intake of ’64 and ’65.
U Myint Pe (Cartoon, Seik Kyi)
- Co-founder of “RIT Carto on Box” with Saya U Khin Maung Phone Ko (“Phone Ko”) and Saya U Aung Myint (“Kyant Ba Hone”).
- He and fellow “Cartoon Box” alums (e,g, Aw Pi Kye) compiled a commemorative book for SPZP-2012 and a commemorative pamphlet for GJ.
U Thiha Latt
- Cartoon Box alum / maintainer
- Coordinated the publishing of “Swel Daw Yeik Magazine”, “Cartoon Selections”, and “History of University Engineering Education in Burma/Myanmar”
Other Notable Authors, Poets and Composers
- Saya U Thet Lwin : Maung Ngwe Hlinne
- Maung Sein Win (Padeegone)
- N. Jar Thaing
- Saya U Taing Oke : Yin Maung
- Saya U Aung Myaing : Okpo Maung Yin Maung
- Saya U Nyunt Htay : Maung Nyunt Htay (Ah Htet Minhla)
- U Toe Aung : Ko Toe (Hmit Chay)
- Ko Ko : Hset Hmu
- Daw Than Yi : Maubin Ma Shwe Than
- U Tin Htut : Mon Yu