Taw Sein Kho
- Considered to be the first Burmese archaeologist.
U Aung Thaw
- Director General of the Archaeological Department
- Authored book(s) and research papers on the archaeological sites in Burma.
- Lived close to the Kaba Aye Sun Lun Gu Kyaung and often meditated with his family members.
- Spouse : Daw Yi
- Sons : Dr. Myo Thaw, Kyaw Lwin Thaw
Hanlin / Halin
- UNESCO Cultural Site near Shwe Bo.
- Has a museum with artifacts (utensils, bones, …)
Photo : Pyu stone inscription (from a tomb)
- Hanlin is one of the ancient Pyu sites.
Others include Sri Kresa (Tha Yay Khit Ta Ra), Beikthano, Mainmaw, Binnaka, …
- Archaeologists and their associated researchers (linguists, historians, …) help us learn the past.
- The British archeologists unearthed the Buddhist sites in India.
- The French archeologists and linguists (who accompanied Napoleon Bonaparte to Egypt) discovered “Rosetta Stone”, which enable them to decipher the ancient Egyptian writings.
- Stonehenge is an interesting site / study for archaeologists.