- Pu Zaw Pwe (PZP) — paying homage to mentors — is a noble tradition.
- There have been micro-PZPs, mini-PZPs and grand PZPs.
- Sayagyi U Ba Than will celebrate his 90th birthday in October 2020′
- U Ba Than usually visits and pay homage to his saya Sayagyi U Ba Toke at least once every year.
- Sayagyi U Ba Toke will celebrate his 100th birthday in December 2020.
He is a Phwa Bet Taw of Rangoon University and the First RU Student Strike.
Paying homage to Sayagyi U Ba Toke
- During my visits to Yangon, I paid homage to Sayagyi U Ba Toke.
- On one visit, Sayagyi gave me an autographed copy of “Life Journey of Mathematics Professor Sayagyi U Ba Toke”.
The book was written by Saya Dr. Khin Maung Swe (Tekkatho Maung Thin Char, GBNF) based on his interviews with Sayagyi U Ba Toke.
It also covers the early Thin Char Sayagyis.
The book was published by Rangoon University Thin Char Mi Thar Su for Sayagyi’s 80th birthday.
- In January 2017, Pansy Ba Toke (Thynn Thynn, ChE 74) asked her son-in-law and daughter to pick up Sayagyi U Ba Than, Saya U Tin Htut and me at Winner Inn to see her father Sayagyi U Ba Toke.
- Sayagyi had some problems with mobility and vision, but his mind remains crisp and clear.
- Sayagyi sometimes defer celebrating his birthday so that his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren — far and near — could join the celebration.
- Sayagyi is pre-deceased by
his beloved spouse
his second son (Soe Win, 6th out of his 8 children)
his second daughter Kitty (3rd out of his 8 children)
- Pansy was a member of the Swel Daw Yeik “Htee Yein” at the Rangoon University Golden Jubilee in 1970.
- Pansy has offered transportation to the Sayas who want to visit her father.