Update : June 14, 2020 (Updates are in bold italics.)
- As of October 21, 2019, there are 6900+ members, 20000+ posts and 60+ albums.
There are 30000+ members.
- Kudos to the active members, who help the group grow by posting interesting, informative and often nostalgic articles and photos, by providing facts and data in the comments, by sharing selected posts and last but not the least inviting their friends to join the group.
- Members are requested to follow the Netiquette (Etiquette when using networks). For example :
No spam and advertising
No link to irrelevant sites
No flames (e.g. avoid calling names)
Be courteous (e.g. disagree diplomatically)
- It is difficult if not impossible to read all the posts and the relevant comments.
(a) One can save selected posts.
(b) One can share selected posts.
(c) One can go to the “Popular Topics” section organized by Dr. Nyi Thet Lwin (Admin of the Group) and select a Topic.
- Due to the transition to Unicode-compliant fonts, one may not be able to read some postings (e.g. using the early Zawgyi fonts).
For some reason, Zaw Decode (which can read Unicode almost perfectly and Zawgyi with 80 – 90% accuracy) no longer worked on some systems (especially after an OS upgrade).
It is not convenient, but it is possible to have multiple Burmese fonts and manually switch the “preferred” one.
- Dr. Nyi Thet Lwin (Admin) and his brother U Aung Mon (Moderator) have used Translation Software to convert selected posts (using Unicode compliant fonts) to Zawgyi and vice versa.
No easy fix for the Unicode/Zawgyi problem.
- I have created 60+ albums using the photos from the posts (with credit given to the source where ever possible) and the photos from my archives.
Sample : Thamankyar Ko Myint, Dway, Min Oo
Moved from Mandalay to Yezin
- Ah Nu Pyinnya Shins
Musicians (vocalists, instrumentalists, composers, zat sayas
Saya U Myo Myint Sein (A58) was from the first batch from the University of Rangoon.
First batch of students (1964 – 1970) under the then new Education System.
Sample : Reflections of an RIT 69er
Some may also appear in other albums
Sample : Dr. Daw Yee
- Burmese (Myanmar Sar)
Saya U Pe Maung Tin (Pali and Burmese Scholar) proposed having a separate Burmese Department.
His bust was unveiled in December 2019 as part of the “Yar Pyie Ah Kyo”
Sample : Prime Minister U Nu and his speech
- Chemical Engineering
Sample : Saya U Khin Aung Kyi
Sample : Saya U Aung Khin
- Civil Engineering
Sample : Saya U Ba Hli
Sample : Dr. Mya Than
- Dark Days
Sample : U Thant Ah Yay Ah Khin
Sample : Dr. Aung Than
Sample : Dr. Daw Myint Myint Khin
Sample : Dr. U Aye Hlaing
Sample : Lt. Col. San Myint
- Electrical Engineering
Sample : U Soe Paing
- Engineering (General)
Sample : U Yone Mo
Sample : Daw Yin Yin Mya
- Famous Alumni
Sample : U Thant
Sample : U Than Tun
Sample : Dr. Soe Win and Daw May Saw Lwin
Sample : Dr. Daw Thin Kyi
Sample : Staff
Sample : Kyaik Ka San
Sample : Dr. Than Tun
- History of Myanmar Engineering Education
Sample : HMEE-2012, HMEE-2018
- Hla Min
Sample : Photos, Interview
- Htee Yein
Sample : Performed at RU Golden Jubilee
Sample : Two visits
Sample : Silver, Golden, Diamond
- Landmarks and Symbols
Sample : Buildings, Roads
Sample : U May Aung, Sir Arthur Eggar, U Kyaw Myint
Sample : Honorary Doctorates
Sample : U Thein Han (Zawgyi)
- Literary Clubs and RU Magazines
Sample : Oway
- Lu Ye Chun
Sample : Inlay Camp in 1965
- Ma Chit Swe’s Autograph
Sample : Students from 1939
Sample : U Win Maung
Sample : U Hla Shwe
Sample : U Ba Toke
Sample : U Aung Hla Tun
Sample : Thamankyar Ko Myint
Sample : U San
Sample : Poem
- Outstanding Burmese Writers
Sample : U Po Kyar
Sample : Group
Sample : Dr. Maung Maung Kha
Sample : Men on the Moon
- Rectors and Registrars
Sample : Dr. Htin Aung
Sample : U Yone Mo
- RIT 69ers
Sample : Gatherings
Sample : Photo in 1948
- SEAP Games
Sample : 1961, 1969
Photo of U Tin U (Past Captain and Gold of RUBC, Past Captain of RGC, Past Secretary of BCSE, former Part-time Lecturer at Civil Engineering)
Sample : Collegian Nay Win
- Swel Daw Yeik
Sample : SDYF, SDY Magazine
- SPZP (Saya Pu Zaw Pwe)
Sample : SPZP-2000
Sample : U Khin Maung Tint
Sample : Group
- UCC, DCS and ICST
Sample : Dr. Chit Swe
Sample : Badge, Camp
- Workers’ College
Sample : U Kyaw
- Veterinary Science
Sample : U Mya Nyunt
Sample : Sayama Lynsdale
- Some photos (e.g. U Nu, U Pe Maung Tin, Zawgyi) may appear in multiple albums.
- I have added Comments to selected albums.
Some are text or link to my posts in hlamin.com
- Thanks to Sayama Daw May Saw Lwin and several readers for providing interesting information about the photos.
- Some members have complimented me for sharing my memories and expertise.
- I am just paying back the Metta and Cetana of my mentors.
- I would like to thank my
Thin Sayas (from PPBRS, SPHS, RIT and post-graduate),
Myin Sayas (e.g. hair dressers, cab drivers, former student leaders such as Dr. Khin Maung Kywe (HIS) and politicians such as Saya Tin), and
Kyar Sayas (e.g. characters from my father’s bed-time stories, books, encyclopedias)