- The Colonial Administration compiled “Than Kaung Sar Yin” (literally meaning “list taken at midnight”).
- In the USA, the Population Census data is compiled every ten years as mandated by law, but the census data takers do not visit houses at midnight.
- The data is collected not only from US citizens, but from anyone who happened to be in the US (e.g. working, studying) at the time.
- The data is to used mainly for planning (e.g. restructuring of voting areas) and not for storing personal details.
- The recent Census data was taken in April 2020.
- Herman Hollerith invented the electronic tabulator and punched card equipment for collecting and processing the 1890 US Census data.
- Hollerith founded a company, which later became IBM )International Business Machines)
- In the 1970s, UCC computer and machines were used to process the Population Census Data in Burma.