- People can pass away unexpectedly.
- Some time back, a dhamma friend visited the Grand Canyon.
She was healthy, but succumbed to a Heat Stroke.
The temperature was 114 degrees Fahrenheit.
- People, who take care of their ailing loved ones, can be stressed out physically and mentally.
- Ma Khin Mya was from the first batch of female students who joined RUBC (Rangoon University Boat Club).
She represented the Institute of Economics and RUBC.
- Several years back, I met her at Dhammanda Vihara, Half Moon Bay where U Chan Min, defacto leader of the Eco Rowing teams, was a resident monk (since his retirement).
We learned that Ma Khin Mya had to take care almost full time for her ailing husband.
- Ma Khin Mya requested time off from her husband to visit Myanmar and to do meritorious deeds.
- Sad to say, she passed away.
- COVID-19 pandemic claimed many lives.
- The eldest brother of Ko Ivan Lee (M69) was among the 50 seniors (among the 80 residents of a New Jersey Nursing Home) who succumbed to COVID-19.
- London Symphony Chorus released a song “Never to Forget” honoring the 122 Heath Care Workers who died from COVID-19.
- Dr. Khin Tun (Peter, MRCP, former Associate Dean of Oxford Universtiy) was one of the early casualties.
He passed away on April 13, 2020
His name appear around 2:37 minutes of the song.