- U Tun Shwe (ChE72) volunteered as the videographer for the Northern California RIT Alumni Association Gathering held at Mudita Shwe Kyaung in Hayward, California
- Saya U Maung Maung (ChE66), U Win Maung (T 70), and several other alums took pictures.
Saya KC Chiu (Dr. Tin Aung, ChE63) could not attend because of slight fever, but he sent Sayagadaw to the Reunion to accompany U L. Shark Moon (C 67).
- Saya U San Tun (M59, former Head of Auto Engg) was the “senior” among the attendees followed by U Myint Lwin (Henry, C63), U King Wong (Victor, C66) and several from the mid-60s.
- U Zaw Lwin (M87) was among the youngest attendees.
He recalled that the final exams were suspended after two subjects.
They had to take the remaining subjects a month or so later.
- U Tun Shwe took the video of almost all attendees twice, and made sure they say their name, discipline, and graduation date (if applicable]).
Some attendees completed their studies elsewhere (e.g. in the US).
- 21 sayas and alums agreed to be members of the Steering and Working Committees.
- The Executive Committee members (e.g. President, VPs, Secretaries, Treasurers, Auditors) will be elected at the meeting (to be held in a few weeks).
- Saya U Maung Maung told the attendees that 2012 SPZP and Grand Reunion will be held on the weekend of December 29 (Saturday) and December 30 (Sunday) and to watch out for details from the Organizing Committee.
- U Maurice Chee (M75) talked briefly about the “old” RIT Alumni International that was founded to organize SPZP 2000.
He said that he would cook “Danbauk” for the Steering/Working Committee meeting, and others could bring desserts.
- U Stanislau Liou (M67, RIT Table Tennis ) mentioned that he had been the President of his [High School] Alumni Association for 6 years.
The members like to have 3 or 4 gatherings (such as picnic and dinner) a year.
- At the General meeting Saya U Maung Maung was elected President of NorCal RITAA.
U Stan Liou was elected Chair of the BOD (Board of Directors).
- Subsequent Presidents include U Kaung Kaung Oo (Gordon Kaung, M83) and U Aung Myint Oo (EC84)
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C68) is the current Chair of BOD.
- NorCal RITAA Dinner was held in 2016 and 2019.
- NorCal RITAA Summer Picnic was held in 2017 and 2018.
- NorCal RITAA has funded scholarships for
(a) children of alumni in the US
(b) eligible YTU students
For details, visit the web site and FB pages.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, there are no major activities in 2020.