- Founded about eight years ago
- Saya U Maung Maung (a) George (ChE66) served as the first President
- U Kaung Kaung Oo (a) Gordon (M83) is Past President
- U Aung Myint Oo (EC84) is current President
- U Stanlislau (a) Stan (M67) served as the first Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C68) is the current BOD Chair
- Web site : run by U Tin Maung Win (C86)
- FaceBook page : run by U San Lin (M87)
- Evite : run by U Myint Swe (EP74)
- MailChimp : run by U Yu Ket (a) Edward Saw (EC85)
- Extremely low overhead / expenses (due to hosts, sponsors and donors)
- Awards (plaques, certificates)
- PR : NorCal RITAA pens
donated jointly by U Edward Saw (EC85) and U Myint Swe (EP74)
- Committee to supervise NorCal RITAA Scholarships
- Ad hoc committees formed to address specific issues
e.g. sharing of knowledge and expertise with alumni in Myanmar
AGM in 2018
- Soon offered to the monks at Mudita Shwe Kyaung
- Mohinga, desserts … for all attendees
- AGM meeting headed by Saya U Nyo Win (M65) and Saya U Myat Htoo (C68)
- U Nyunt Than (M84) acted as Master of Ceremonies.
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C68, Chair, Board of Directors) presented an Opening Speech
- He later handed out awards to Sponsors and Donors
- U Kaung Kaung Oo (a) Gordon (M83) and Daw Lillian (EC83) survived the raging fires in Napa, but they had to wait three weeks before returning to their “Home Sweet Home”. Due to 75 mph winds, a sizable percentage of the vineyards and homes took a heavy toll.
- They donated to the Scholarship Fund and also encouraged their 83 Classmates (U Kyaw Myint, Daw Ni Ni Sein …) to pledge or donate.
- Saya U Nyo Win accepted the award for Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (M60).
- List of donors/sponsors is maintained by U Ko Ko Zin (M84) and U Myint Swe (EP74).
Categories: Rangoon Institute of Technology