- Age is just a number.
- There is a Physical Age and a Mental Age.
- Aging may be accompanied by loss of memory.
- Exercise, Music and Games help one to age gracefully.
- Ronald Reagan : “I am celebrating my 35th birthday after my 40th”.
- Life begins at forty.
- I felt uncomfortable to be addressed as “Ah Ba”, “Pho Pho” … and to be offered assistance (e.g. wheelchair).
- Now I feel okay to have wheelchair rides at air ports and to have people assist me when I climb up and down hill slopes.
I had a couple of bike rides on the dirt roads in Upper Myanmar.
- As a senior, I enjoy discounts on trains, buses.
- I simply hope that my mental faculties will be strong.
Sayagyi U Ba Toke
- Sayagyi is a Phwa Bet Taw of Rangoon University.
- He celebrated his 99th birthday in December 2019 with his children, grand children and great grand children.
- During my visits to Yangon, I paid homage to Sayagyi.
In the early visits, Sayagyi recounted his experiences. He was a football star, a leader of the Burma Olympic Delegation, Commandant of the Luyechun Camp, an outstanding teacher and an excellent speaker. Until his mid 80s, he used to walk to Shwe Dagon Pagado with his younger dhamma friends.
Then, Sayagyi gradually lost his mobility, his sight and his teeth. He had to skip some minor PZPs, but still attended SPZPs with a wheel chair.
- Ma Theingi, Sayagyi’s youngest daughter, mentioned that Sayagyi is healthy but because he had lost most teeth, they have to listen carefully to grasp his message.
- Jara (old age) catches even the sport stars.