Update : May 28, 2020
- Uniform may stand for “one form”.
- In Statistics, Uniform Distribution is a type of data distribution.
- During their university days, Bogyoke Aung San and U Thant had a debate on Uniform.
- Some schools may mandate their students to wear uniform on specified days (and may be every day).
- During our younger days, we had to perform drill at the School Sports and at the Aung San Stadium for specified events (e.g. Education Day Celebration). We had to dress up in uniform.
- A uniform could specify
(a) short or long pants (e.g. Kakki)
(b) shirt (e.g. long sleeved white shirt)
(c) optional : Necktie, Coat, Badge
- Burmese dress for males
(a) Pasoe / Longyi
(b) [Collarless] Shirt
(c) Taik Pon
(d) optional : Gaung Baung
- The optional items may be worn at formal functions (e.g. Award Presentation Ceremony).
- Sayagyi U Ba Hli is seen in photos wearing a uniform.
- Those joining UTC (Universities’ Training Corps) are given two sets of [usually old] uniforms.
Most prefer to buy or order their own.
- RUBC (Rangoon University Boat Club) awards Half Green, Full Green and Gold.
RUBC specifies Dress Code for the award winners.
- In the USA, sports team have at least two sets of uniforms :
one for playing at Home, and another for playing elsewhere.