Update : April 25, 2020
The following is a sample of books and DVDs that I have received from Sayas, Sayadaws, Colleagues and Friends.
From Saya U Moe Aung
During my visit to Yangon in 2018, Saya gave me two books :
- “Sea of man” (Collection of Saya’s articles)
I translated two articles
- Commemorative Issue of Swel Daw Yeik Magazine for SPZP-2016 Unlike the previous commemorative issues (Sar Saung and Magazine) which are published in Burmese and English, this issue is 100% Burmese.
From U Wynn Htain Oo (M72)
- Khin Maung Toe’s DVD
- Gave it to U Myint Swe (EP74, NorCal RITAA) to share with other members and alumni.
From U Ohn Khine (M70)
- Magazine published for the Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe of “Combined 1st BE of 64 and 65”
Gave it to the 69ers and requested the core organizers to compile one for the True Golden Jubilee of Graduation in 2019
- DVD of the Acariya PZP
Gave it to Ko Benny Tan (M70), who sponsored several of the earlier Acariya PZPs
From U Kelasa (A Lo Daw Pyie, Arizona)
- Volume 4 : Collection of Questions and Answers on Dhamma
- Sayadaw mailed his book from his monastery in Apache Junction, Arizona
From Daw Than Yi (EP70)
- RIT 1964 – 70 (by Daw Than Yi)
Shared it with 69ers (present and former writers).
U Tin Htut (Harry, M69) wrote under several pen names “Mon Yu” and “Tin Htut (Sacred Heart). He is a member of the Myanmar Sar Yay Saya Ah Thinn.
Ashin Pannagavesaka (Bobby Myo Tun, A69) won English Essay contests (hosted by “Dawlay Circle” of Guardian newspaper) as “Errol Than Tun”. Uzin is a Librarian and Interpreter at the Mawlamyine Pa Auk Taw Ya monastery. Uzin also translated and edited dhamma works for Pa Auk Sayadaw. Uzin promised to write for the True Golden Jubilee.
From Dr. San Oo (EP67)
- Kabar Phyu (Science Fiction by Journal Kyaw Tint Swe)
Contains Dr. San Oo’s paper
From Junior Win
- Two books about U Khin Maung Latt and Daw Khin Myo Chit.
- The Myanmar version was published to commemorate the Centennial. It won an award from “Tun Foundation”.
- The English version was published later.