Update : April 4, 2020
UCC was founded by Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe with the help of Saya U Soe Paing, Saya U Myo Min and Saya U Ko Ko Lay.
Sayagyi retired as Rector of RASU.
He taught and supervised research in Bangkok and Sydney.
He passed away in Sydney at the tender age of 79 (in 2019).
U Ko Ko Lay
- Elder brother of U Than Htut (M67, RUBC Gold).
- Served as
Operations Manager (at UCC)
Scientific Applications Manager (at UCC)
Professor at Computer Science (at Department of Computer Science, Rangoon University)
Professor of Information Systems (at Institute of Computer Science and Technology / ICST).
- He had the longest tenure among the four UCC Founders.
- Had excellent command of English
- Played Tennis, Volleyball and Soccer
- Saya is seen enjoying UCC Thingyan with his colleagues and/or students
- Saya is GBNF
- UCC used to celebrate Thingyan and Su Paung Donlaba.
- Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe and staff would offer soon to the Donlaba
- Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe was Founding Director of UCC and Professor of Mathematics Department at RASU.
- He established Computer Science and Applications course at UCC.
- UCC conducted several courses on its own.
- Academic degrees (M.Sc. and DAC) were given under the Department of Mathematics.
- Several distinguished Professors from US, UK and Europe lectured at UCC as part of the “UCC Project”.
Dr. Tin Maung
- Succeeded Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe as Director of UCC.
- During his tenure, the Department of Computer Science (DCS) and the Institute of Computer Science and Technology (ICST) were established.
- Retired as Rector of ICST.
- He is GBNF.