Update : April 8, 2020
- U Tin Myint matriculated from Taunggyi.
- Some knew him as L. Tan Choy and John Lee.
- U Tin Myint was 4th Year Luyechun.
- He played Table Tennis for RIT.
- His spouse (Lyo, Mabel Lee, T69) played basketball for RIT.
- Per the request of their daughter, I spoke at the funeral service of Ko Tin Myint.
Ko Tint Lwin (Daniel, M69, Singapore) wrote :
- I met Ko Tin Myint in 2011 when I visited SF. Wonderful memories.
- May Ko Tin Myint rest in peace.
- My heartfelt condolences to Lyo and family.
Ko Tin Myint and Daniel at Golden Gate Bridge (San Francisco)
At a Chinese Restaurant in Castro, Mountain View, CA
- Daniel Tint Lwin
- Angelina Tan
- Benny Tan
- Hla Min
- Saya Allen Htay (GBNF)
- Daw Mu Mu Lin
- Lyo Kyin Sein (Mabel Lee)
- Ko Tin Myint (John Lee, GBNF)
The service for U Tin Myint (John T Lee, M69) was attended by
- Saya U San Tun (Sain Fone Wong, M59)
- Saya U Kyi Kong Tham (C63)
- Saya U Maung Maung (George, ChE66)
- Daw Khin Khin Kyu (Ann, A67)
- U Thein Zaw (Joe Chow, EC68)
- U Hla Min (EC69)
- U Nyunt Tin (M70)
- Maurice Chee ( U Hla Myint Thein, M75)
- U Ko Ko Zin (M84)
Dr. Su May, daughter of U Tin Myint, presented a poem and shared her fond memories about her beloved father. Ko Albert, son of U Tin Myint, also shared his thoughts about his beloved father. Two grand children shouted, “Grand pa. One one one …”
Memories were also shared by Collin, son of Daw San San Myint (Helen, T69), and a first cousin (who really felt like a sibling) of U Tin Myint.
On behalf of the 69ers, I highlighted the successes of U Tin Myint.