- Saya Des and Saya U Khin were Scrabble Champions at the tournaments held at Guardian premises, YMCA and RIT.
- Many sayas from the English Department and Civil Department are Scrabble enthusiasts
- Chambers Dictionary and Jones Pronouncing Dictionary were used to confirm/deny the word challenges.
They were always present on Saya U Khin’s desk.
- Saya U Win Mra was Burma’s Pole Vault Champion before he was asked to “retire” by the doctors. Saya U Win Mra and Saya Des are excellent guitarists and singers. Saya joined the Foregin Service. He was Myanmar’s Ambassador to the United Nations. He is Chair of the Myanmar Human Rights Commission.
- Saya Joe Ba Maung was Burma’s Tennis Champion in Singles and Doubles (with U Than Lwin). Saya joined Burma Railways and managed the Burma Railways Sports program. He was a casualy of the 8-8-88 movement.
- Saya Sao Kangyi (Tony) wrote articles with the pen name Khemarat.
He is GBNF.
- Saya U Kyaw Lwin Hla transferred to UNDP.
- Sayama Terry migrated to Australia.
She was a Beauty Queen in her college days.
- Sayama Charity retired as Professor and Head of the RIT English Department.
Met her briefly at SPZP-2012.
- Sayama Muriel and Saya U Aung (Alphoso, son of H.E. U Than Aung) worked in Thailand.
They visited Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt in Milpitas, California a few years back.
We had lunch gatherings.
- Sayama Toni is a cousin of Ko Thet Tun (Henry, M 75).
Their aunt Dr. Khin Kyi Nyunt is the spouse of my cousin Saya U Tin U.
Sayama is a Khamee Khamet of Saya U Win Mra.
Met her at SPZP-2012 and at the Reunion and Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe hosted by Steeve Kay.
Last met her in December 2019 at the funeral service of Dr. Khin Kyi Nyunt.
- Sayama Daw Khin Saw Tint
Published several books/booklets
Donated some of the earnings from the books to YTU.
Parents : ICS U Ba Tint, Daw Khin Saw Mu (Burmese Poetry)
Wrote an article about her mother and two aunts :
Daw Khin Mya Mu (Kyauk sar, spouse of Professor U E Maung) and
Daw Tin Saw Mu (English)