- Google is an accidental misspelling of Googol.
- Googol signifies a very large number. The value is 1E100 (or one followed by 100 zeroes).
- Apple Records is a company owned by the Beatles to produce and distribute their music. It sued the Apple Computer for infringement of the Apple trade mark. The judge decided that the two companies were in different domains. He could not envision that the Beatles music would be offered on Apple iTunes.
- Apple Computer was founded by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. They might have chosen “Apple” for their computer and their company so that it would be listed ahead of “Atari” in the Yellow Pages.
- One meaning of Mac is “son of”.
- Apple developed the Macintosh computer.
Not sure what the name stands for.
McIntosh is an apple, but Macintosh is a raincoat in British English.
- The iPad trade mark is owned by Fujitsu, which had a project to develop an intelligent pad.
- Apple had an agreement with Fujitsu to use the trade mark.
- The iPhone trade mark owned by Cisco.
- Apple had an agreement with Cisco to use the trade mark.