- Approach starts with the Design Requirements and then decide on the intermediate and final steps to get the design implemented.
- Used some software projects.
- May also be used in the writing of a book.
One first decides on the structure and contents.
- Used when one has a set of bases, foundations and libraries.
- Building blocks are then assembled and refined to develop a desired product.
- May also be used in the writing of a book. If one has written posts for a long time, they may be used as a basis for further development into an e-book or printed book.
- Approach is used to develop several software.
- Uses a hybrid (part Top Down and part Bottom Up). It is important to make sure that the two parts meet properly.
- In the context of publishing, a group of writers and editors can come up with a Design for the book, use existing material as much as possible and try to bridge the gap with new material.