- Sayadaw served as First Rector of IMBTU
- He taught Abhidhamma courses in Burmese and English.
- The course in Burma is available in CD and MP3 tapes.
- The course is English is available as a 3-volume book
Abhidhamma Course (in Burmese)
- Sayadaw U Silananda gave a course at Dhammananda Vihara (then in Daly City) over several weekends.
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (M60) attended the course successfully.
- Some devotees converted the 26 or so tapes into MP3 format.
- Ko Jeffrey (from Fremont) loaded them onto an MP3 player, and offered them as dhamma dana to students taking Abhidhamma courses.
Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu
Handbook of Abhidhamma Studies
by Venerable Sayadaw U Silananda
Transcription by Sarah E Marks
- Sayadaw succeeded U Silanandavhivamsa as Rector of IMBTU
- Sayadaw taught Abhidhamma in Myanmar and beyond.
- Fundamental Abhidhamma Part I was first taught in 1997 at Maryland, USA.
The book was edited by Dr. Khin Maung U (who stood First in Burma in the Matriculation of 1963).
The second edition was published by the Center of Buddhist Studies (CBS), Sagaing Hills in 2005.
- Fundamental Abhidhamma Part II was published by the Center of Buddhist Studies (CBS), Sagaing Hills in 2007.
Fundamental Abhidhamma Part I
- By Dr. Nandamalabhivamsa
- First edition : June 1997
- Editor : Dr. Khin Maung U
- Myanmar-Buddhist Meditation Society, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Second, extended edition : January 2005
- revised : November 2005
- Center for Buddhist Studies (CBS), Sagaing Hills, Sagaing, Myanmar
The History of Abhidhamma
(1) Why is it called Abhidhamma?
(2) Who is the author?
(8) The role of Abhidhammattha sangaha
(9) The role of Vibhavani
(10) Ledi Sayadaw
(11) Paramatthadipani, the critic of Vibhavani
The Fundamental of Abhidhamma
Chapter 1 : Citta
Chapter 2 : Cetasika
Chapter 3 : Rup (Matter)
Chapter 4 : Pikinnaka (Miscellaneous)
Chapter 5 : Vithi : Mental Process
Fundamental Abhidhamma Part II
- By Dr. Nandamalabhivamsa
- Version Dec 2007
- Center for Buddhist Studies (CBS)
- Mahadubodhayon Monastery, Sagaing Hills, Sagaing, Myanmar
- Chapter 5 : Vithi
- Chapter 6 : Vithimutta
Passive Mental Process
- Chapter 7 : Paccayasangaha
Compendium of Causality
- Chapter 8 : Kammatthana Sangaha
- Ashin Garudhamma taught two courses at the monastery in Spady, Fremont
- One is Pali.
- The other is Abdhidhamma.
Abhidamma Newsletter (1999)
- Sayadaw U Silanandabhivamsa was Patron of Dhammachakka Meditation Center, Berkeley, C.A.
- Abdhidhamma Newsletter was published by the Abhidhamma Study Group of DMC.
Volume 1 Number 3 (April 1999)
Adviser: Venerable U Silananda
Editor: Maung Tin-Wa (Ph.D.)
Editorial Board: James Cameron, U Aye Cho, Aung Khin (M.D.).
Marc F. Lierberman (M.D.), Yan Naing Lwin (Ph.D.),
Sarah E, Marks, Tin Than Myint (M.D.), Bach Dong Nhut,
U Han Nyo, Phil Rohrer, Larry Rosenberg,
Anna Spievogel (M.D., Ph.D.), Tin Myo Than (M.D.),
Hla N. Tin (Ph.D.), Rita Adelman
Graphic Designer: Scott Jordan
Transcribing and Word Processing: Pat McMahon
Published by the Abhidhamma Study Group of Dhammachakka Meditation Center, Berkeley, C.A.