- TTC stands for Teachers’ Training College.
- In the early days, TTC had its own curriculum, which was different from those used in the
[mostly all] English schools,
[mostly all Burmese] Vernacular schools, and
[mixed] Anglo-Vernacular Schools.
- TTC had a Practicing School.
Some refer to “TTC Practicing School” simply as TTC.
U Kyaw Ngwe, Daw Mabel and Daw Tin Tin Aye served as Principals.
- During our younger days, Teachers’ Training for SAT (Senior Assistant Teacher) was done mostly at Kanbe.
- There were regional centers for training JAT (Junior Assistant Teacher) and PAT (Primary Assistant Teacher).
Alumni of TTC Praticing School
- Dr. Myo Tint (TTC) stood 3rd in Burma in the Matriculation of 1952.
Dr. Nyunt Tin (SPHS) stood first.
- Dr. Tin Myo Than (TTC), stood 2nd in the Matriculation of 1954.
Koon Yin Chu (Philip, SPHS stood first.
- U Tin Htoon (A60) moved from TTC to SPHS.
- Saya U Phone Myint (Workshop Superintendent) is an alumni of TTC.
- Ko Win Aung (M70) was selected High School Luyechun.
Represented RIT in Swimming and Water Polo.
Served as Secretary of the RIT Swimming Association
- Ko Soe Win (EC70), Ko Kyaw Zaw (EC72) and Ko Khin Zaw are TTC alumni
- Ko Kyaw Zaw was selected High School Luyechun.
His spouse is a sayama at TTC.
- My sons
- Three nephews and two nieces
- Ko Aung Kyaw Win