- As of October 18, 2019, there are 6050+ members.
- There are 20000+ posts and 150+ posts daily for the past few days.
- It is difficult if not impossible to read all the posts and the relevant comments.
(a) One can save selected posts.
(b) One can share selected posts.
(c) One can go to the “Popular Topics” section organized by Dr. Nyi Thet Lwin (Admin of the Group) and select a Topic.
- Due to the transition to Unicode-compliant fonts, one may not be able to read some postings (e.g. using the early Zawgyi fonts).
For some reason, Zaw Decode (which can read Unicode almost perfectly and Zawgyi with 80 – 90% perfectlon) no longer worked on some systems (especially after an OS upgrade).
- Dr. Nyi Thet Lwin (Admin) and his brother U Aung Mon (Moderator) have used Translation Software to convert posts (using Unicode compliant fonts) to Zawgyi and vice versa.
- I have created 50+ albums using the photos from the posts (with credit given to the source where ever possible) and the photos from my archives.
(a) Some photos (e.g. U Nu) may appear in multiple albums.
(b) I have added Comments to selected albums.
Jubilees and Celebrations
- Silver Jubilee (25 years)
- Golden Jubilee (50 years)
- Diamond Jubilee (75 years)
- Centennial (100 years)
- Sesquicentennial (200 years)
Rangoon University Act of 1920 was enacted on December 1, 1920.
The First RU Student Strike to protest the Act took place of December 5, 1920 (two days earlier than planned because the news leaked to the higher authorities).
There will be two Centennials in 2020.
“Yar Pyay Ah Kyo” Celebrations are scheduled for December 2019, and will kick off the “year long” celebrations leading to the RU Centennial.
Former EC members of the RU Ka Laung Ah Thinn (1958 – 1962) including Daw Kyu Kyu Thin and Saya U Moe Aung (Tekaktho Moe War) will publish a “Collection of Kabyars” and a commemorative Magazine on or around February 2020.
There will probably be several other books, Sar Saungs and Magazines in time for the RU Centennial Celebrations.
ADMIN and Rectors in the mid 1960s
- Dy. Minister : Dr. Nyi Nyi
- DHE : U San Tha Aung
- RASU : Dr. Maung Maung Kha
- MASU : U Hla Shwe
- RIT : U Yone Mo
- IM(1) : Dr. Ba Than
- IM(2) : Dr. U E
- IM(M) : Dr. Maung Maung Gyi
- Eco : Dr. Aye Hlaing
- Edu : Lt. Col. San Myint
- Dental : Dr. Aung Than
- Vet : U Mya Nyunt
- Agri : U Than Tun
Principals in the Mid 1960s
- Workers’ : U Kyaw
- Taunggyi : U Khin Maung Tint
- Myitkyina : U San
- Magwe : U Win Maung
- Mawlamyint (Moulmein) :
- Pathein (Bassein) :
- Sittwe :