Update : March 1, 2020
There are several classifications of Language. They are not mutually exclusive.
- Natural Language
- Foreign Language
- Universal Language (e.g. Esperanto)
- Spoken Language (e.g. Myanmar Sagar)
- Written Language (e.g. Myanmar Sar)
- Programming Language
- Scientific & Technical Language
- Business Language
- Specialty Language / Domain Language
- Meta Language (to describe a language)
- Compiled Language
- Interpreted Language
- [Per Dr. Kyaw Tint} Body Language
- … are some languages that are read and spoken by many people in the world.
There are often dialects of a language.
- English (UK, USA, Australia …)
- French (France, Canada …)
- Spanish (Spain, Latin America …)
- English is not our native language.
- We had to take TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) to prove that we had a reasonably good command of English.
TOEFL covers (a) Reading Comprehension (b) Listening Comprehension (c) Essay
- Several Community Centers in the USA offer ESL (English as a Second Language).
- Saya Des Rodgers taught English at RIT.
He did further studies in the UK.
He taught “English as a Specialty Language” (aka ESL in Canada.)