- ICST (Institute of Computer Science and Technology) was established in 1987.
- It started with four Academic Departments.
- There were also departments for Administrative and Support.
Dr. Tin Maung
- Saya Dr. Tin Maung succeeded Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe as Director of Universities Computer Center (UCC).
- During his tenure, the Department of Computer Science (DCS) and ICST were established.
- He served as the first Rector of ICST.
- He was succeeded by Saya Dr. Kyaw Thein.
U Ko Ko Lay
- Saya U Ko Ko Lay (GBNF) helped Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe found UCC along with Saya U Soe Paing and Saya U Myo Min.
He transferred from PWD to UCC as Operations Manager.
- He later served as Scientific and Applications Manager.
- When the Department of Computer Science (DCS) was established, he served as Professor and Head of the Department.
- When ICST opened, he served as Professor and Head of Information Technology Department.
U Tun Aung Gyaw
- Saya U Tun Aung Gyaw was the most senior volunteer among the “Generation Zero” members who worked on the UCC project before it was finally funded by UNDP and executed by UNESCO.
- He joined UCC as the first batch of employees.
He succeeded Saya U Soe Paing as Systems Manager.
- He became Associate Professor at DCS.
- He later became Associate Professor and Head of Hardware Technology Department at ICST.
U Hla Min
- Saya U Hla Min was the a senior volunteer among the “Generation Zero” members who worked on the UCC project before it was finally funded by UNDP and executed by UNESCO.
- He joined UCC along with Saya U Tun Aung Gyaw as the first batch of employees.
- He succeeded Saya U Myo Min as Business Applications Manager.
- He became Lecturer at DCS.
- He later became Associate Professor and Head of Software Technology Department at ICST.
Computational Mathematics Department
Several senior sayas (e.g. Saya Dr. Pyke Tin) taught at the Computational Mathematics Department.
Students from first batch
- There were 45 students studying for the CS (Computer Science) and CT (Computer Technology) options for B.Sc.
- Thirty students chose to study CS (Computer Science).
- Fifteen students chose to study CT (Computer Technology).
The photo was posted by Ma Min Thu a few years back .
Sad News in 2017
- Cho Mar Nyunt passed away on July 12, 2017.
- In her memory, UCS.ICST Alumni in Singapore donated to the Burmese Buddhist Temple (BBT).
- The photo and news were posted by Kyaw Zeya.
၁၂-၇-၂၀၁၇ တြင္ ဘဝတစ္ပါးသို႔ ကူးေျပာင္းသြားၿပီျဖစ္ေသာ UCS/ICST 1st batch မွ ေဒၚခ်ိဳမာၫြန္႔အားရည္စူး၍ စကၤာပူေရာက္ UCS/ICST ေက်ာင္းသားေဟာင္းမ်ားမွ ထည့္ဝင္လွဴဒါန္းထားေသာ အလွဴေငြမ်ားကို စကၤာပူႏိုင္ငံရွိ ျမန္မာဗုဒၶဘာသာေက်ာင္းေတာ္ႀကီး (တိုပါး႐ိုးေက်ာင္းႀကီး) အတြက္ လွဴဒါန္းၿပီး အမွ်ကုသိုလ္ေပးေဝျခင္းကို ယ ေန႔ ျပဳ လုပ္ ခဲ ့ပါသည္။ အားလံုး အမွ် ရၾက၍ သာဓု အႏု ေမာ ဓနာ ေခၚဆိုႏိုင္ၾကပါေစ။