- Institute of Computer Science and Technology (ICST) was established in 1987.
- Started with four Academic Departments.
- Also departments for Administrative and Support.
Dr. Tin Maung
- Son of Saya U Kar
- Succeeded Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe as Director of Universities Computer Center (UCC)
- During his tenure, the Department of Computer Science (DCS) and ICST were established
- Retired as Rector of ICST
- Saya is GBNF
U Ko Ko Lay
- Helped Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe found UCC along with Saya U Soe Paing and Saya U Myo Min.
- Transferred from PWD to UCC as Operations Manager.
- Later served as Scientific and Applications Manager.
- When the Department of Computer Science (DCS) was established, he served as Professor and Head of the Department.
- When ICST opened, he served as Professor and Head of Information Technology Department.
- Saya is GBNF.
Dr. Tun Aung Gyaw
- Most senior volunteer among the “Generation Zero” members who worked on the UCC project before it was finally funded by UNDP and executed by UNESCO
- Joined UCC as the first batch of employees.
- Succeeded Saya U Soe Paing as Systems Manager
- Associate Professor at DCS
- Associate Professor and Head of Hardware Technology Department at ICST
U Hla Min
- Senior volunteer among the “Generation Zero” members who worked on the UCC project before it was finally funded by UNDP and executed by UNESCO
- Joined UCC along with U Tun Aung Gyaw as the first batch of employees
- Succeeded Saya U Myo Min as Business Applications Manager.
- Lecturer at DCS
- Associate Professor and Head of Software Technology Department at ICST
Computational Mathematics Department
Several senior sayas (e.g. Saya Dr. Pyke Tin) taught at the Computational Mathematics Department.
Students from first batch
- There were 45 students studying for the CS (Computer Science) and CT (Computer Technology) options for B.Sc.
- Thirty students chose to study CS (Computer Science).
- Fifteen students chose to study CT (Computer Technology).
The photo was posted by Ma Min Thu a few years back .
Sad News in 2017
- Cho Mar Nyunt passed away on July 12, 2017.
- In her memory, UCS.ICST Alumni in Singapore donated to the Burmese Buddhist Temple (BBT).
- The photo and news were posted by Kyaw Zeya.
၁၂-၇-၂၀၁၇ တြင္ ဘဝတစ္ပါးသို႔ ကူးေျပာင္းသြားၿပီျဖစ္ေသာ UCS/ICST 1st batch မွ ေဒၚခ်ိဳမာၫြန္႔အားရည္စူး၍ စကၤာပူေရာက္ UCS/ICST ေက်ာင္းသားေဟာင္းမ်ားမွ ထည့္ဝင္လွဴဒါန္းထားေသာ အလွဴေငြမ်ားကို စကၤာပူႏိုင္ငံရွိ ျမန္မာဗုဒၶဘာသာေက်ာင္းေတာ္ႀကီး (တိုပါး႐ိုးေက်ာင္းႀကီး) အတြက္ လွဴဒါန္းၿပီး အမွ်ကုသိုလ္ေပးေဝျခင္းကို ယ ေန႔ ျပဳ လုပ္ ခဲ ့ပါသည္။ အားလံုး အမွ် ရၾက၍ သာဓု အႏု ေမာ ဓနာ ေခၚဆိုႏိုင္ၾကပါေစ။
ICST SPZP in 2018
Saw Yan Naing (son of Dr. Saw Naing and nephew of Saya Dr. Myo Khin (C70)) gave me a ride to the SPZP in January 2018.
The SPZP was held in five batches. As a member of “Generation Zero of UCC”, I covered some milestones of the Introduction of Computers to Burma under the leadership of Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe.
Daw Nge Ma Ma Than (Ma Nge, GBNF) attended the SPZP.
ICST/UCSY published a commemorative magazine for the 30th Anniversary of the founding of UCC. I wrote “Paying Back to My Alma Mater” (a summary of the 30+ posts about UCC) for the issue.
San Yin Myint (Samantha), one of the organizers for the Pu Zaw Pwe, is a niece of Saya U Win Kyaing (GBNF) and a cousin of U Hla Myint Thein (Maurice Chee, M75).
ICST SPZP in 2019
Daw Mar Mar Soe gave me a ride to attend the SPZP in December 2019.
Attendees include Saya U Soe Paing, Saya Dr. Kyaw Thein, Saya Dr. Pyke Tin, and Saya U Thein Oo.