The list is not exhaustive.
Saya Dr. Maung Maung Kha completed his doctorate in Meteorological Physics from the UK. He worked briefly at the Directorate of Meteorology before transferring to the Darpartment of Physics at the University of Rangoon. Saya is an early native Professor of Physics at the University of Rangoon He served as Interim Dean at the Faculty of Engineering. He was Rector of the University of Rangoon.
Saya U San Tha Aung is an alumnus of Harvard University. He and Saya Kha wrote High School Physics texts (in Burmese and English). Saya served as Director General of Higher Education.
Dr. Hla Shwe (Boon Chiong, first in Burma), Dr. Tin Maung and Dr. Tin Aung received their doctorates from the USA. Dr. Hla Shwe and Dr. Tin Maung moved to the USA.
Saya Dr. Tin Aung served as Professor and Head of the Physics Department. Saya was on an educational tour in the USA when his colleagues elected him (in abstentia) as Patron of the All Universities’ Teachers Association for the 8-8-88 movement. After his return, he was forced to resign effective immediately. Saya recently had a replacement pace maker.
There are many sayas and sayamas. They include
- Daw Nyein (headed the RIT Physics Department)
Sayama lived to 101 years.
- Daw May Than Nwe (Joyce, first in Physics Honors in 1962)
She and her spouse Saya U Thein Lwin (EE) passed away within a month or two of each other in Singapore.
- U Hlwan Moe (succeeded Daw Nyein as Head of RIT Physics)
His son is a doctor in UK.
- Daw Khin Swe Aye (Emily, Saya’s spouse)
Her classmates include Dr. Sein Tun, Robert Sein and Daw May Than Nwe.
- U Tha Hlaing (taught at RIT for two decades)
He was chosen to give Ovada at SPZP-2007 in Singapore along with Sayagyi U Ba Toke.
- U Kyaw Myint (Retired as DG)
We spent some time together as Guest Speakers for the Ngapali Lu Ye Chun Camp in the 80s.
- U Kyaw Mya Thein (Retired from ICST/UCSY)
He coined the word “Kar Ku La Thin Char” for Calculus.
- U Tin Oo Hlaing (Principal)
I met saya as the Interpreter of Saddhammaransi Sayadaw for the Dhamma Duta mission in the USA.
- U Kaung Nyunt (Principal of RC2)
His spouse attended PPBRS.
His daughter attended UCC.
- U Thein Aung (Micky, SPHS59, RUBC Gold in 1962)
Met him during his visit to California.
- Dr. Htin Aung and Dr. Htin Kyaw (Twins)
Saya Micky recruited some Physics sayas to join RUBC.
- U Thein Htut
Saya Micky asked him to be athletic trainer for RUBC selected.
- U Saw Hlaing (Principal, Dir?)
First met saya as an organizer of Kusala Kari association on Shwe Dagon Pagoda.
Last met saya at the Ministry of Education.
- U Kin Sein (Dir?)
Several sayas transferred to DHE and the Ministry (in charge of vetting state scholarships)
- Mehm Than Thoung (RIBC Gold in 1961, Rector of Distance Learning)
Currently spending time at a meditation center
- Dr. Soe Myint Win (Electronics/Engineering)
He was a Gawpaka at a monastery.
He helped found the Northern California Physics Association.
- Daw May Su
Sayama and her spouse Saya U Ba Nyunt (EE, MOGE) visited their daughter and grand children in Northern California.
- Dr. Maung Maung Gyi (Canada)
Taught at RIT.
Moved to Singapore and Canada.
- Dr. Aye Thein Kyaw (Canada)
- Dr. Tin Maung Aye (USA)
- Dr. Soe Tint (USA)
- Dr. Myint Thein
- Dr. Myint Kyi (Pro-Rector, IMBTU)
- U Kyaw Khin (USA)
- U Kyaw Win (USA)
- U Ye Sint (USA)
- Dr. Kyaw Tint (USA)
- Mr. Bharadwaja (wrote the Lab manuals)
- Frankie Ohn (Dr. Hla Ngwe Tin) stood first in the Matriculation examination of 1959. He founded a company in Southern California and sold it.
- Harry Wang (Dr. Than Myint) stood Joint Third in the Matriculation examination of 1956 with a Peterite.
- Daw Khin Mar Mar (daughter of Sayagyi U Net) studied Computer Science.
- Dr. Khin Swe Myint (sister of U Ohn Khine (M70)) hosted a Physics conference in Mandalay with the help of Dr. Khin Maung Maung.
- Ko Soe Lwin (son of Dr. Maung Lwin) and Ko Myint Thein were selected Lu Ye Chun for 1st year and 2nd year Physics in the summer of 1965.
- Chu Pu Thein (SPHS63) scored the highest marks for Physics in the first ever High School Final examination. Due to the restrictions, he could not apply to the professional institutes and left to study in Italy.