Update : October 13, 2021
- Father Edwin David (SPHS, GBNF) served as Priest of the St. Mary’s Cathedral.
- Father Bernard Taylor (SPHS) served as a Missionary in some Asian countries (e.g. Phillipines).
Resettled in Upper Burma.
- Ashin Ukkamsa (Aung Chaw, Victor, SPHS63, C69) became monk after retirement.
First monastery was in Sagaing.
Current monastery is in the Delta region.
- Ashin Pannagavesaka (Bobby Myo Tun, Errol Than Tun, Dio, A69) became monk after retirement.
Served as Dhamma Librarian, Editor and Interpreter at Mawlamyaing Pa Auk Monastery.
Taught English to selected monks.
- Sayadaw U Wara (U Win Paing, SPHS64, ChE70, GBNF) was the Chief Resident Sayadaw of Kaba Aye Sun Lun Gu Kyaung.
- Sayadaw U Jotika (EP73) is a prolific writer.
- U Bo Gyi (A59, GBNF) became a monk after retiring from PWD.
Cast aside by higher authorities for designing the Mausoleum for Daw Khin Kyi.
- Saya Dr. Lwin Aung (A59) became monk after retiring as Pro-Rector of YTU.
- U Han Nyo (Met60) became monk in the USA.
Resided in monasteries in New York, California and Mexico.
- A young alumni is a Sayadaw in Seattle, Washington area.
KMZ provided his details in one of my posts.
- Saya Beatson (Physics, Boy Scout Master, SPHS) became a monk.
Myo Nyunt (Harry Kyaw), Atom Hla and other Paulians offered Soon to Sayadaw during his trips to Yangon.
He is the lone remaining Saya from our SPHS days.
Categories: P - T