- The photo appeared in the RUESU (Rangoon University Engineering Students Union) Annual Magazine.
- For the HMEE-2012 project, Saya U Ba Than requested U Thaw Kaung (Retired Chief Librarian of the Rangoon University Central Library) to provide Saya U Soe Paing and team to access the library archives and scan relevant documents.
- Saya Bilal Raschid, son of H.E. M A Raschid, graduated with Civil Engineering at Rangoon University.
He then went to UK to study Architecture in the UK.
He taught at the Architecture department before relocating to USA.
- Saya Bilal sent two photos of Saya U Ba Hli.
- One photo shows Saya U Ba Hli in uniform (khaki pants, white shirt, tie and optional hat).
- Another photo shows Saya U Ba Hli in formal attire at a function.
- Saya U Ba Hli
Professor of Civil Engineering at GTI and RU
Principal of Government Technical Institute
First native Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Rangoon University
Proponent of the “Twinning Program” with prestigious universities in the USA and UK
Passed away in Yangon
- Son : Saya Dr. Freddie Ba Hli (EE)
Part-time Lecturer, Electrical Engineering, Rangoon University
Director General of UBARI
Advisor, Ministry of National Planning
Member, UCC Advisory Board
Passed away in Australia
- Grandson : U Tha Hlaing (EC83)
Joint first in Final year with U Thaung Tin (KMD, EC83)
- In 2006, during my visit to Sydney, Saya U Aung Zaw (UCC) hosted a gathering to pay respect to Saya Dr. Freddie Ba Hli and Saya Dr. Chit Swe (Founder/Director of UCC, Retired Rector of RASU).
- Seated in the middle are Saya Dr. F Ba Hli and spouse Daw Myint Thwe, Saya Dr. Chit Swe and spouse Daw Khin Khin Latt (Ma Ma Mi).
- Daw Myint Thwe is the sister of Saya U Tin U (C), Saya U Ba Than (M), U Tin Htoon (A60), Saya U Myo Min (UCC) and U Thaung Lwin (EC66).
- Saya U Aung Zaw and spouse Daw Tint Tint Wai (Ma Kyawt) are seated to the right.
U Aung Zaw later wrote two books : “Bawa and Dhamma” and “Cetana Thi Tha Kan”.
The True Love Story (of how Ma Kyawt donated her kidney to Saya Zaw) is covered in the first book.
I edited the books. I wrote the Preface for the first book. I contributed a section (based on U Aung Zaw’s ideas) in the second book.
- Daw Tin Tin Hlaing (UCC, spouse of U Htay Aung (EC80, UCC)) is the eldest child of Saya Dr. Ba Hli.
- U Htay Aung is the nephew of Saya U Sein Hlaing (Retired Professor of Electrical Engineering, RIT, GBNF).
- U Tha Hlaing is the second child and elder son of Saya Dr. F. Ba Hli.
- Min Thet Tun, the youngest child and younger son of Saya Dr. F. Ba Hli is GBNF.