- There were six brothers and three sisters.
- Four brothers studied Engineering and/or Architecture.
Saya U Tin U (C)
- He matriculated in 1946 and attended the University of Rangoon.
- He represented RUBC at the 1948 Independence Day Regatta at Kandawgyi along with Dr. Pe Nyun and Dr. Pe Thein.
They became RUBC Golds.
- He is the most senior among the living RUBC Past Captains.
- He studied BSCE at Oregon State University and MSCE at Yale University.
- Upon return to Burma, he taught part-time at the Civil Engineering Department and worked in the Industry.
- He celebrated his 90th birthday on August 3, 2019.
- U Tin U was invited to attend Civil Engineering Reunion and Pu Zaw Pwes and also the world-wide Saya Pu Zaw Pwes.
- He is seen seated beside Sayama Daw Khin Swe Aye (Emily, Physics) and Sayama Daw Myint Myint Khaing (Mathematics, daughter of Arzani Mahn Ba Khaing),
- For his 90th birthday in August 2019, U Tin U offered soon and requisites to the resident Sayadaw, monks and novices at Dat Poung Zon Aung Min Gaung.
- He is seen with his three children : Dr. Khin Tun (Peter, UK), Daw Aye Aye Khin (CPA) and Dr. Ye Myint (Maung Maung, UK).
Saya U Ba Than (M)
- He matriculated in 1947 and won the Collegiate Scholarship.
- He won the Gold Medal for scoring the highest marks in the Intermediate examinations.
- He is RUBC Full Green.
- He studied Mechanical Engineering at Imperial College, University of London.
His room mate was Saya Dr. Chit Swe.
- Upon his return to Burma, he joined the Mechanical Engineering department as Assistant Lecturer.
- For requirement to be promoted Lecturer, he did his Masters at Imperial College.
- He retired as Professor and Head of Mechanical Engineering.
- He was an early supporter of HMEE-2012 project.
He donated his albums to the project. He also gave photos to be displayed at MES.
- He paid respect to Saya U Ba Toke at least once a year.
- The junior sayas and former students pay respect to him.
- He donated back all the Garawa money received at the gatherings, Acariya Pu Zaw Pwes and SPZPs.
- His son U Ye Than and family run Winner Inn.
U Tin Htoon (A60)
- He is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC.
- He won twice at the ARAE Regattas.
- He won a Silver Medal with U Hla Khin (Burma Navy) in Yachting at the SEAP Games.
- He founded Architects Incorporated with U Bo Gyi (A59, Uzin, Architect of Daw Khin Kyi Mausoleum) and U Aung Kyee Myint (A60, Retired Chief Architect, PWD).
Their office (which was provided by my father) is regularly visited by Ah Nu Pyinnya Shins including U Paw Oo Thet, Director Win Pe and U Khin Maung Yin (A60).
- The trio joined PWD.
U Tin Htoon was architect of the Thiri Pyitsaya Hotel in Bagan.
- U Tin Htoon worked in Singapore and USA.
- He co-founded Triple Gems Publication.
- He volunteered for several monasteries and retreats (at Goenka centers).
- U Tin Htoon (A60) won the Willingdon Trophy for Coxed Fours at tbe ARAE Regatta at Colombo in 1960.
- He was the Timing Stroke.
- The crew consisted of Sunny Teng (3), Victor Htun Shein (2, GBNF), Dr. Harry Saing (B, GBNF) and U Sein Htoon (Cox, my elder brother).
- U Tin Htoon and Dr. Harry Saing rowed Coxless Pairs.
They won the Venables Bowl for Coxless Pairs at the ARAE Regatta at Calcutta in 1958.
They were selected by the Burma Olympic Committee to carry the Olympic Torch during the Burma leg.
- U Tin Htoon also competed in the Coxed Fours at the FEARA Regatta.
- The crew consisted of U Tun Shein (Willie, S), U Win Kyi (3, GBNF), U Tin Htoon (2), Dr. Harry Saing (B, GBNF) and Dr. Hla Min (Cox).
- U San Maung (GBNF) competed in the Single Sculls.
U Thaung Lwin (EC66)
- He matriculated from St. Paul’s High School in 1960.
He stood 17th in the whole of Burma and received Collegiate Scholarship.
- He represented RIT and RUBC in Rowing.
- He is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC.
- He graduated at the Top of class in 1966 and received B.E. (Electrical Communications).
- He worked for IBM Burma before moving to Singapore.
The photo shows RIT crew which won the Inter-Institute Coxed Eights.
Standing : U Myo Myint. U L. Than Myint, Mr. Lazarus, U Than Htut
Front row : U Thaung Lwin, U Htain Lin, U Ohn Hlaing (Elmo, GBNF), U Kyaw Lwin (George, GBNF), U Tin Aung (Victor, Cox, GBNF).