- In 2017, we lost several people close to us.
- Their ages ranged from the 50s to the 90s.
Saya U Myo Win (Melvyn, M65, Australia)
- Saya taught Mechanical and Agricultural Engineering in Burma and Australia.
- He rowed for RIT.
- He co-managed RIT Auto Club.
- He and Saya U Hla Myint (Charlie, M65) oversaw the RIT Gathering in Sydney in 2006 (and more).
Family members of Alumni
Sayama Daw Than Than (Chemistry, USA)
- She is the spouse of Saya U Khin Maung Myint (Chemistry, cousin of Professor U Aung Khin (Chemistry))
- She is the mother of U Wynn Myint Aung (EC76).
- She was healthy, but unexpectedly succumbed to pneumonia.
- She passed away EXACTLY one year after her younger son died.
U Kyaw Zaw (Movies)
- He is the spouse of Sayama Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Amar, Past Principal of PBRS, Education Officer of Bahan Township)
- He was States Scholar in the early 50s.
He studied Motion Pictures Technology in the USA.
- He worked for the government and later for private industry.
- His elder son Bohmu Thane Myint (BAF, MOFA) is the spouse of Daw Khin Than Nu (Glory Maung, EC70).
Dr. Barry Paw (MD, Ph.D)
- He is the only child of Saya U Htin Paw (EE58, GBNF, Past President of BEA, Past President of TBSA).
- He is a nephew of U Tun Thein (A) and a cousin of U Robert Hla Thein (M72).
- He is a Professor at Harvard medical school Professor.
- He is a co-founder of the Boston children Hospital.
- Sad to learn that he passed away unexpectedly in his mid-50s.
- He flew to Australia to see his aunt.
He had to arrange the final journey of his uncle (aunt’s spouse).
- On the way back to USA, he succumbed to a heart attack in the air plane (near Denver) on Dec 29.
Classmates and/or Alumni
U Myint Thein (Maung Kabar, M69)
- Maung Kabar was a cartoon character from our younger days.
- He was a Core organizer for the 69ers
- He had medical check up and treatment in Singapore, India and Myanmar, but his health gradually declined.
- During one of my visits to Myanmar, he gave me a ride to a 69er gathering.
U Chit Tin (EC69)
- Eleven students graduated in 1969 with EC (Electrical Communications).
- He worked for MOC/MOGE and also in Singapore.
- He is the third GBNF of the 11 EC69ers.
- U Kyaw Soe (DCA) and U Aung Thu Yein (Schlumberger) are the other two EC69ers who had left us.
U Saw Yan Naing (Bo Bo, C69)
- He was from Meikhtila.
- He settled in Mandalay.
- We had not seen him after graduation.
- His spouse is the cousin of Dr. Tun Aung Gyaw (EC69).
U Tin Myint (M69, US)
- He was from Taunggyi.
- He was Luyecun for 4th BE.
- He represented RIT in Table Tennis.
- He is also known as L. Tan Choy and John T Lee.
- His spouse Lyo Kyin Sein (Mabel, T69) represented RIT in basketball.
- They settled in Union City, California.
- I gave a eulogy at his memorial service.
Dr. Myo San (Freddie Ba San, SPHS63, IM1 70)
- He stood 3rd in Burma in Matriculation in 1963 behing Dr. Khin Maung U (retired from FDA in the USA) and Dr. Min Oo (Mathematics Professor in Canada).
- He became a surgeon, but had to take early retirement.
U Myint Sein (Veda)
- He is an alumni of Private Boundary Road School, St. Paul’s High School and Institute of Economics
- Past Principal, BARB (Burma Astro Research Bureau)
Per his request, two of my Computer Science students — U Win Latt and U Zaw Tun — developed programs for use in Veda,
- Principal, IDEA Astrology
U Aung Myint (M67, US)
- He was an EC member of RIT Mechanical Engineering Association.
- He helped Win Thein (M67, GBNF) with “Set Hmu Thadin Zin” and the RIT Mechanical Magazine.
- He worked onUNICEF projects in Myanmar.
- NorCal RITAA and his family held Soon Kyway at Mudita Shwe Kyaung in Hayward, California, USA.