U Ohn Khine (M70) gave me a ride to the January 2018 meeting.
The attendees include :
U Ohn Khine (M)
- Volunteer for SPZP-12, Shwe YaDu, SPZP-2016, HMEE-2012 and HMEE-2018
- Offered me rides during my visits to Yangon to attend meetings for SPZP and HMEE, and some gatherings (e.g. 69ers)
- He took me to the meeting.
U Win Aung (M)
- High school Luyechun from TTC Practicing School for the Ngapali Shwe Wah Chaung Camp in 1964.
It was first year of the implementation of the Luyechun program.
Luyechuns from the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th standards were selected in 1964.
In 1965, the program was extended to include students from the Universities and Institutes.
- Selection for RIT Swimming and Water Polo
- Secretary of RIT Swimming & Water Polo (in the Final Year)
- Has 4 children and 7 grand children
- Remembered beating the IM(1) Water Polo Team led by Ko Lynn Aung Thet to get into the Finals, but lost to RASU led by Ko Nanda Kyaw Swa (Burma Champion)
Sai Thein Maung
- RIT Goalkeeper for six years (from 1st BE to Final Year)
- Star in Track & Field
U Zaw Win (Mn)
- Close friend of Thamankyaw Ko Myint.
Used to skip classes on Fridays to go to the cinema
- “Zin Yaw Gyi” (pen name)
U Soe Aung (M/Auto)
- Secretary of RIT Ah Nu Pyinna Ah Thin
- Wrote several articles including the “Ah Nyeint and Htee Yein at the RU Golden Jubilee”
U Khin Maung Than (M)
- Secretary of RIT Mechanical Association
- Editor of RIT Annual Magazine
- Active in 8-8-88
U Wynn Htay
- Provider of space for the monthly meeting
- Publisher of the Sar Saung of the group’s Reunion and Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe
U Soe Khine (M)
- Helped with the logistics for the Reunion and Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe
Naw Than Yee
- Collector of the “donations” from the attendees
- Collector of “fines” from the absentees
Daw Lei Lei Chit
- Selection for RIT Track and Field
- Volunteer for the world-wide SPZPs
Daw Tin Myint Oo (Rosie Tin Mg)
- Vocalist and dancer
Daw Kyi Kyi Sein (Bei Oo)
- Selection for RIT Badminton
- Selection for RIT Hiking and Mountaineering
U Aung Than
- Saya San
- Remembered studying for the last ever 7th Std Government exam
U Cho Aye (M, GBNF)
- He entered 1at BE as one of the top students.
- He was not only Roll Number One for Mechanical, but he was kind to share his knowledge with other classmates.
- He was a room mate of Ko Zaw Min Nawaday (EP70) in 5th BE and they occupied adjacent rooms in the F Block in their Final year.
- He climbed Mt. Victoria along with U Win Lwin (M69) as representatives of the RIT Hiking and Mountaineering Association.
U Khin Maung Maung (A)
- He is also an organizer for the Architecture group.
- He unexpectedly had a medical condition that required a stent.
He recovered quickly and was able to attend the meeting.
He emailed me several photos taken at the meeting.
Some Late-comers and Absentees
Those who could not attend the meeting include the following:
U Khin Maung Lay (Mutu, M) represented RIT in soccer along with Sai Thein Maung and U Myint Sein (Jabu). He served as Master of Ceremonies at the Groups’ events (e.g. Acaruya Pu Zaw Pwe). He has a busy schedule. He is on the Myanmar Human Rights Commission along with Saya U Win Mra. It is not easy for his fellow classmates to contact him via phone.
Daw Mai Khin Nyunt (Rosie Gyi, ChE) is enjoying quality time visiting her daughter in Australia, and attending the house-warming there.
U Tha Kyaw Zan is not an Arakanese (Rakhine)
Daw Victoria Simons is the daughter of Saya Simons (Workshop Superintendent). Sayama is Head of the Metallurgy Department.
Not sure if the following did not attend the meeting or were among a few late comers
- U Thet Tun
- U Than Win
- U Kyaw Maung
- U Than Htwe
- U Zaw Win (not “Zin Yaw Gyi”)
- I was a guest at the meeting.
- I requested the team if they would help me compile and archive photos, and articles.
- Glad to hear that they are willing to share their precious memories
- U Win Htay and U Ohn Khine agreed to be the contacts for the group and classmates
Categories: Class of 7X