Updated : September 6, 2019
Saya U Aung Myaing (Okpo Maung Yin Maung, ChE72, Thailand) requested his former sayas and colleagues to help the YTU Modernization project (his preference over “YTU Library Upgrading”) in general and the YTU Library Staff Training in particular.
Saya U Maung Maung (George Chan, ChE66, California) put in $500 as seed money for the Staff Training Component. Saya is a Past President of NorCalRITAA. Saya is a founding member of RIT Alumni International and an organizer for SPZP-2000.
His classmate, friend and brother-in-law Saya U Myat Thwin (Kuesan Lin, ChE66, Texas) donated $500. Saya, his spouse and their son attended SPZP-2000.
Several sayas and alumni from Northern California responded to meet the target of $3000.
- Yap May Hoe (ChE67) : $1000.
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (M60) : $500
- U Thaung Nyunt (M87) : $300
He is former Secretary of NorCal RITAA.
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C68) : $100
He is Chair of BOD (Board of Directors) of NorCal RITAA
- U San Lin (M87) : $100
He writes post using his pen name “Maung Lu Pay”.
He is an EC member of NorCal RITAA.
- U Nyunt Than (M86) : $100
He is an Associate (Joint) Secretary of NorCal RITAA.
- Total donation : $3100
- Transaction fees : $100
- Net donation for the project : $3000
- U Wynn Htain Oo (M72, Hmaw Sayagyi) acknowledged receipt of the donation in his post.
- Other alumni in Yangon and Singapore donated cash and kind for the “Training Component”.
- [Better later than never]
The planning and implementation of the Training Component took longer than expected.
The selected personnel were able to visit and study the library systems in Singapore (e.g. NUS, NTU).