Saya U Sein Win (EE)
Original posting : 2000
Updated : July 15, 2019
- Saya U Sein Win was invited by his former students in the US and Singapore to attend SPZP-2000.
- Saya gently declined the offer and told his students to sponsor another EE saya who had not been to the US.
Saya was a top student at the University of Michigan, USA.
- With permission from Saya Allen Htay, the following letter from Saya U Sein Win is reprinted.
Dear Allen & Ko San Hla Aung,
Long time no see!
Since I retired in 1993, I have been doing odd jobs. I was a mechanical and electrical supervisor for about 6 months at the FMI shopping center constructing job. Then after the construction phase, I retired, doing nothing, except to drive my youngest daughter to various tuition places.
For the last two years, I worked part-time again, 3 times a week, from 11:00 a.m to 5 p.m., as a consultant for the maintenance of mechanical and electrical works, as my youngest daughter finished her matriculation classes.
Since last month, I have another part-time jobs as consultant to a UPS selling company, working on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am now in Singapore for a week, at the Liebert UPS (USA based Ohio Co.) Co., for servicing and repair of UPSs and am going back [on Tuesday] with one of the company men.
Since both my jobs are part-time jobs, and I am on company’s expense here, I do not have any leave [vacation] privileges, etc. and I am sorry I can’t afford to go to USA.
My eldest daughter and my second
daughter are now medical doctors. My youngest is now reading for her
first year medical course. I am still living in the same old house near
the Inya Lake.
I hope both of you are healthy as I am now a health buff and tried to stay in health but at this age nobody can say what will happen as I noticed, looking up obituaries of people around my age in the newspaper and see the names of old friends.
—- auld lang syne———–
- Saya taught at RIT and served as Technical Advisor for the UCC Project.
- Saya served as Judge at RUBC Regattas along with Sayagyi H Num Kok (GBNF) and Saya Dr. San Hla Aung.
- Saya served as President of RIT Rowing Club and RIT Swimming Club.
- Saya swam almost daily and even when he was visiting Singapore o business trips.
- Saya is GBNF.