Updated : August 26, 2019
The list is not exhaustive.
Need feedback for omissions and corrections.
- Thakin Wa Tin (Politician, father of Uzin Chan Min and Dr. Patheda Tin (NASA))
Wa (in middle and end of name)
- Dr. Tin Wa (Past Captain and Gold of RUBC)
- U Bo Tin Wa (Police)
- Daw Wah Wah
- Dr. Wah Wah Khin
- U Wai Lwin (M70)
- U Wai Phyo (Former BYA)
- U Wai Phyo (Son of U Tint Swe (EP68) Daw Wai Wai Lwin (Emma, TBSA)
- Daw Wai Wai Than (ChE78, UCC, spouse of Saya Dr. Soe Than (UCC))
- Daw Wai Wai Tun (Physics, spouse of U Khin Zaw (UCC))
Wai (in middle and end of name)
- U Myint Wai (Saya Myat San)
- U Myint Wai (Met7x)
- U Myo Wai
- Dr. Nyunt Wai (Victor Nyunt, SPHS63)
- U Soe Wai (Defence Rowing)
- Dr. Thein Wai (SPHS63)
- U Wan Maung (Gyobinkauk, brother-in-law of U Ba Soe and U Hla Soe)
- Daw War War Win Shwe (Actor)
- Sayadaw U Wara (U Win Paing, ChE70, Kaba Aye Sunlun Gu Kyaung, younger brother of Saya U Soe Paing)
- Brownie Way (Aung Thu Yein, SPHS63, EC69, GBNF)
- Dr. Thet Htar Way
- Saya Dr. U Win (“Jhango”, Geography) attended courses at UCC before he left for USA to pursue his Doctorate.
He has the distinction as the last ever presenter at the Research Congress. Higher authorities and their representatives entered the room to declare the demise of BRS (Burma Research Society) and the Research Congress.
He worked full-time and part-time as an expert in GIS (Geographical Information Systems) until medical conditions forced him to retire.
He was a member of the Monterrey Aquarium, and he would give his guest passes to sayadaws and friends visiting the area.
In his recent post, he thanked his former Professor Dr. Daw Thinn Kyi for referring him to Saya Dr. Khin Maung Kyi (Research Professor at the Institute of Economics) to critique his Master’s Thesis and to suggest improvements.
[Per KMZ] : I have the privilege of knowing Saya Dr U Win, when he and some Sayas from RASU/Geography dept attended a six-month course at UCC. We used to hang out the RASU canteen for quite some time those days. I’ve heard him living in CA, but never successful in my attempts to get in touch with him. Anyway, thanks to FB, we are now friends again. I hope to meet him again in person in my future trips there.
[Per Dr. U Win] : We (me and Saya U Hla Min) had good time together for a while during his tenure with Fort Ord and his stay (temporarily) in Salinas.
- Saya U Win (M) gave numerous rides to Sayagyi U Ba Than to attend SPZPs, mini-SPZPs and numerous Mechanical Engineering gatherings. I was an “Ei Hmaung” (as a guest of Sayagyi) on several occasions. Thanks to both sayas.
- Dr. Win Aung (M62, son of Saya C Ping Lee) worked for the National Science Foundation (NSF). He served as Secretary General of iNEER. He hosted a dinner during my visit to the East Coast to attend the First RIT Alumni East Coast Reunion. He wrote an article about his father Saya C Ping Lee (EE), who worked with Sayagyi U Kyaw Tun (EE) at the BOC College of Engineering.
- U Win Aung (Maung Aung Mon, Win Aung Gyi) worked for BBS and VOA. He announced football matches back in Burma. He is a writer. One of his books covers Dr. Htin Aung and other notable Burmans.
- U Win Boh (Robert, EC69) would write lengthy posts in Mixed Case and then disappear for a few months. He is a guitarist, vocalist, volunteer with Australian Red Cross, Kappiya at an Australian monastery, survivor of two strokes and mouth cancer. He joined DCA where Saya U Soe Min transferred after his training from UK, and also served as the Best Man at Saya’s wedding.
- Dr. Win Boh (EC76) represented RIT in Hockey along with U Khin Maung Zaw (KMZ, EC76). He received his Doctorate in Computer Science from Ohio State University. His spouse graduated with Civil. They are active supporters of the Sitagu Monastery in Texas.
- U Win Lwin (M69) served as Secretary of the RIT Hiking and Mountaineering Association. He and Ko Cho Aye (M70, GBNF) climbed Mount Victoria with the students from other Universities’ and Institutes. The pictures can be found in an early post.
- Mahn Win Maung succeeded Dr. Ba U as the President of the Union of Burma. He had a few misfortunes (a) one with a parachute jump (b) one with a horse ride (c) one with the detention 10 days before the expiration of his term.
- U Win Maung (George Tun, UBA) is from the Class of 69. He left before graduation to get licensed in the field of Aviation Maintenance from the UK. He is the brother of Sayama Daw Khin Swe Aye (Winnie). His friends call him “Lake”. He represented RIT in rowing, swimming and water polo. He is a Back Stroke specialist. He completed Inya Lake cross lake (2000 meters) using Back Stroke. During my visits to Yangon, he along with Zau Lai, U Ohn Khine, U Myint Thein (Kabar, GBNF) and U Kyaw Min Thein (Kenneth) provided me transportation.
- U Win Maung (T70) is from the Class of 69. He contracted TB and had to take a year off. His friends call him “A Yo Phaya”.
- U Win Maung (SPHS63) played in the SPHS Band. He is a cousin of U Than Htay (SPHS63).
- U Win Maung (part Karen) is an alumni of De La Salle Twante. He was a member of BADA.
- U Win Maung (Burma soccer team)
- U Win Maung (Son of Shwe Mann Tin Maung)
- U Win Maung (Min Yu Way) is a distinguished writer and publisher. In my primary school, I received “Aesop’s Fables translated by Min Yu Way and Ngwe Tar yi” as a prize.
- Dr. Daw Win May (Winsome Ba Thike)
- Daw Win May Thoung (UCC, GBNF)
- Daw Win Min Than (Purple Plain, Actor)
- U Win Myat (US)
- U Win Myint (Win Myint Gyi, UCC, Winner)
- U Win Myint (SLR, UCC, UN)
- U Win Myint (Win Myint Lay, UCC)
- Director U Win Pe (Principal of the School of Fine Arts)
- U Win Pe (Mya Zin, National Planning, Writer)
- U Win Pe (First batch ICST, Australia)
- Bogyi Win Thein was “Phaw Kaung” (Government witness) in the Ohn Kyaw Myint case.
- Bohmu Win Thein (SPHS64, DSA) is the son of Kyee Pwa Yay U Thein. He served as Principal of the Ye Kyaung Theik Pan. He is the Chair of PSC (Public Services Commission).
- Saya Dr. Win Thein (C58) is a classmate of Saya Allen Htay (GBNF), Saya Dr. San Hla Aung, Oscar Sharazee and U Khin Maung Win (Sid Chen, GBNF). Saya served as Professor and Head of the RIT Civil Engineering Department.
- U Win Thein (M67, GBNF) co-founded “Set Hmu Magazine” and “RIT Mechanical Magazine”. He is a super organizer of our days.
- U Win Thein (EP70) was a High School Luyechun. He was one of the top students from the Class of 70.
- U Win Thein (Maths, SLRD)
- U Win Thein Maung and his twin brother U Lin Thein Maung retired as Navy Commanders.
- Dr. Win Tin (RIT, ABAC)
- U Win Tin (Hanthawaddy)
- U Win Tin (CMA, GBNF)
- U Win Tint (EP70)
- Daw Win Win Than (UCC, Chanmyei)
Win (in middle and end of names)
- U Aung Win (Alex)
- U Aung Win (C84)
- U Ba Win (Arzani)
- U Chit San Win (Writer)
- U Han Win
- U Hla Win (M, MARB)
- U Nay Win (M69, GBNF)
- U Ne Win
- Dr. Ne Win (Hardy)
- U Ne Win Myint (Golf)
- U Ne Win Myint (Victor Win, ChE66, BADA, GBNF)
- Daw Ni Ni Nay Win (Kathleen Zaw Win)
- Daw Ni Ni Win Shwe (Musician)
- U Ohn Win (M75, Australia)
- Dr. Pe Win
- U Soe Win (EP69, Captain of RIT Basketball team, GBNF)
- U Soe Win (EC70, UCC, PTC)
- U Soe Win (Met, GBNF)
- U Soe Win (M66)
- U Soe Win (NHK)
- Dr. Soe Win (SPHS58, First in Burma, Rector of YUFL)
- Dr. Soe Win (Dicky)
- U Than Win (Soccer, SPED)
- U Than Win (Alan Khoo, GBNF)
- U Than Win (M, 69er)
- U Than Win (Henry Wong, SPHS)
- U Than Win (T70, Thamankyar)
- U Thaung Win
- U Wynn Htain Oo (M72, Organizer, Fund raiser)
- U Wynn Myint Aung (EC76, UCC)
- Wunna means “good looking” (handsome, pretty, …).
- Wunna is one of the good karmic results along with Aryu (Longevity), Sukha (Happiness, pleasure, joy, bliss) and Bala (Strength) for doing meritorious deeds.
- Wunna is the son of U Nyein Min (C79), who named his company as “Wunna Construction”.
- Maung Wunna (Actor, Director, son of U Thardu)
- Sao Wunna was a Minister in an AFPFL Government.
- Sree Wunna Mangrai (UCC) is a niece of Saya Sao Kan Gyi (RIT English, GBNF).
- U Wunna Sithu (SPHS65, EC71) rowed for Ye Kyaung Lu Nge during his high school days. He rowed for RIT and RUBC during his RIT days. He also swam and played water polo for RIT. He worked for DCA before going abroad. I saw him last at the first East Coast Reunion several years back.
- U Wunna Ko Ko (EC96) is the grand son of Saya U Net, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Mandalay. He did further studies in Japan and the USA. He created and maintained the second RIT web site.
- Frankie Wong (U Tun Tin, Advocate). is the father of Zarnee Tun, who served as Vice President of the Old Johnian (alumni of St. John’s Diocesan Boys High School). He is a volunteer for the RIT Alumni activities.
- Kenneth Wong was an English major and a writer. He taught and is still teaching “Beginning Burmese/Myanmar” course at UCB (University of California at Berkeley).
- Kenny Wong (MEHS63, M69) stood 6th in the whole of Burma in the Matriculation of 1963. He was the lone MEHS among the top Seven. He was consistently in the top of his class at RIT. He worked in the USA before moving to Malaysia. He returned to the USA for his child(ren) to attend college.
- Saya Sain Fone Wong (U San Tun, M59) received his MS from MIT. He served as the Head of the Automobile Engineering (sub-department of Mechanical Engineering). Saya worked until retirement at Bectel Corporation. He served as President of BEA.
- Victor Wong (King Wong, C66) donated books along with Maurice Chee (M75) and Daw Mu Mu Khin (spouse of Saya Allen Htay (C58)) to YTU Library. Recently, he donated $100 via NorCal RITAA to the YTU Library Modernization Project. Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu.