- In our younger days, we rely on Bartlett’s “Book of familiar quotations“.
- The Bible and Shakespeare provided the major number of quotes in the classic book.
- “Anon.”, which stands for anonymous (or unknown author) is also quoted a lot.
- If people do not check the source, they may misquote or attribute a quote to the wrong person.
- For example, many wrongly believe that Sherlock Holmes said, “Elementary, my dear Watson”.
- We used to have autograph books.
- I like the quote provided by a friend. “Worry is like sand in an oyster. A little produces a pearl. Too much kills the animal.”