Updated : August 13, 2019
The list is not exhaustive.
Need feedback for omissions and corrections.
- Saya Dr. Maung Di
- U Maung Gyi (Customs Appraiser, father of Daw Hla Hla Win (UCC, GBNF)) had a Private Library with books on Palmistry and ESP.
- U Maung Gyi (Ledi Pandita, Writer)
- Maung Hla (Badminton)
- Maung Hla (Bohmu)
- Maung Latt (Hla Myint, SPHS65, EP71)
- Dr. Maung Maung (Writer, President)
- Dr. Maung Maung (Medical Doctor, Father of U Maung Maung Kyi (SPHS63))
- Dr. Maung Maung Aye (SPHS63, GBNF)
- U Maung Maung Gyi (U Thein Tan, SPHS64, UCC, GBNF)
- Saya U Maung Maung Gyi (Dio)
- Dr. Maung Maung Gyi (SPHS63, GBNF)
- Dr. Maung Maung Htay (UCC, USA)
- Dr. Maung Maung Kha (Rector, RASU, GBNF)
- U Maung Maung Kha (Prime Minister)
- U Maung Maung Khant (GBNF)
- U Maung Maung Khin
- U Maung Maung Kyaw
- U Maung Maung Kyi (SPHS63, Dip Ing, UK)
- Dr. Maung Maung Kyi (Doctor, Swimming, Mandalay Gazette)
- U Maung Maung Latt is President of BADA. He was elected MP (Member of Parlaiment) from the Beelin Constituency in the 1990 Elections.
- U Maung Maung Lwin (Yachting)
- U Maung Maung Myint (GBNF)
- U Maung Maung Myint (Director)
- U Maung Maung Nyunt (GBNF)
- U Maung Maung San (Lawyer)
- U Maung Maung Soe (Actor)
- U Maung Maung Soe (RUBC)
- U Maung Maung Swe (GBNF)
- U Maung Maung Tar (Actor)
- U Maung Maung Thaung (SPHS)
- U Maung Maung Thant (M74)
- Dr. Maung Maung Thaw (Ryan, Dental Surgeon)
- U Maung Maung Thein (UCC)
- U Maung Oo (Father of Doris, Annie and Alice)
- Dr. Min Aung (Orthopedic Surgeon, USA)
- Dr. Min Lwin (SPHS60, Orthopedic Surgeon)
- Dr. Min Lwin (Maurice Hla Kyi, SPHS64)
- Sayama Daw Min Min (GBNF)
- Min Min Latt (Stereo)
- U Min Nyunt
- Dr. Min Oo (Kenneth, SPHS63, Second in Burma)
- U Min Swe
- U Min Thein
- Sayagyi U Min Wun matriculated in 1949. He studied BSCE at MIT, and MSCE at Cornell. After retirement as Professor and Head of Civil Engineering, he moved to the USA. He worked at CalTrans. Sayagyi is an expert in Western and Eastern Astronomy & Astrology. He was interviewed by Myanmar Gazette and Aung Zay Internet TV.
- Min Yu Way (U Win Maung, Writer)
- Dr. Min Zin (Journalist)
Min (in middle and end of name)
- Albert Kyaw Min (ChE69, Guitarist and vocalist). His friends call him Elvis.
- U Aung Min (M69) was my classmate at I.Sc.(A) and RIT. He is the Chair of the 69er HCF (Health Care Fund). He sends out monthly reports about the donations, expenses and GBNF (Gone But Not Forgotten) list which stands at 85.
- U Aung Min (EC66, MOC) had a micro-reunion in Singapore with U Thaung Lwin (EC66).
- U Aung Min entered monk hood together with his friend Sayadaw U Wara (U Win Paing, ChE70). He disrobed later to join HIC (Heavy Industries Corporation).
- Saya U Ba Min (SPHS56) studied Mathematics & Astronomy at UCB (University of California at Berkeley).
- U Hla Min (Minister)
- Bogyoke Hla Min (Kenneth, MI)
- U Hla Min (Writer)
- Saya M Hla Min (SPHS, Moosaji, RUBC Gold)
- Bohmu Dr. Hla Min (Eddie, RUBC Gold, Orthopedic Surgeon)
- Dr. Hla Min (Tommy, OG)
- U Hla Min (EC69, UCC, DCS, ICST, RIT Alumni International, NorCal RITAA).
I wrote poems, articles and translations in Guardian, Working People’s Daily (WPD), Forward Magazine, Veda Magazine, Pan Magazine, RIT Alumni International Newsletter, Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung and Swel Daw Yeik Magazine.
I wrote Lecture Guides and User Manuals with Saya U Soe Paing and Saya U Aung Zaw. I wrote as Hla Min (Systems) during my UCC days.
I founded RIT Alumni International Newsletter in 1999 and served for two decades as Chief Editor.
I wrote the poem “SAYA PU ZAW PWE” for SPZP-2000. Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War) and team reprinted the poem for the Back Cover of the Commemorative Issue of Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung for SPZP-2002.
I now blog as Hla Min (Life Long Learner).
I became a “Tone Kyaw” when my name sake Hla Min (SPHS64, EP70, Chief Operator at UCC) passed away.
I served as Language Expert for the Burmese Language Lessons compiled by the National Language Center (NLC) at the University of Maryland (College Park).
Nine of my articles were published in the “Encyclopedia of Asian American Folklore and Folklife” (ABC-CLIO Press).
- U Hla Min (CO, SPHS64, EP70, Chief Operator at UCC, GBNF)
- Dr. Kyaw Min (Leslie, SPHS65) retired as Deputy DG of DMR. During my visits to Yangon, he would take me to the Old Paulian (mostly from his class) gatherings.
- U Kyaw Min (Ei Kunn, ChE69) worked in Singapore.
- U Kyaw Min (Min Kyaw Min, BBS, VOA, NAB). He succeeded Tet Toe (U Ohn Pe) as Chief Editor of News Agency Burma (NAB). One of his columns is called “As I See It”.
- Saya U Sein Min studied at the Southampton University. He served as Professor and Head of Mathematics.
- Saya U Moe Aung (EE63) chaired SPZP-2002 and SPZP-2010. Saya’s pen name is “Tekkatho Moe War”. Saya is a Laureate Poet, author, editor and publisher.
- U Moe Hein (“Ajala”, ChE69) represented RIT in Swimming and Water Polo. He is one of the people who made me “Tone Kyaw” when my name sake passed away.
- Moe Min in a Zat Minthar and vocalist.
- Moe Moe (Venus) is a sayama at MARB.
- U Moe Myint (M76) and Daw Moh Moh Han (A77) are members of the Singapore Pon Chan Chan Group. They helped with the Entertainment Program of the SPZPs held in Singapore and Yangon. [Per KMZ] : U Moe Myint (M76) is ex-TSC, very active in Singapore ‘Myanmar Karuna Association’ the charter of which is ‘Myanmar Karuna Association provides Free Funeral Services for Myanmar Nationality in Singapore’. Very noble services for the Myanmar expatriates and their families there.
- U Moe Nyunt (“Lay Lone”) was my classmate at SPHS.
- Moe Thee Zun was a student activist.
- Moe Wai (Magazine)
- U Mya Aung (Peter Tin, PBRS)
- Dr. Mya Bu
- U Mya Maung (Father of Peggy, Winnie, Ted, Rosabelle and Mya Zaw)
- U Mya Maung (Min Aung, RUBC Gold, USA)
- U Mya Min
- U Mya Sein (Father of Dr. Saw Naing and Dr. Myo Khin)
- U Mya Sein (BARB)
- U Mya Soe
- Saya U Mya Thein (GBNF) taught at the Institute of Economics, UCC, DCS, ICST and IMBTU. He is known as “Bo Shoke”.
- U Mya Thein taught Bando, acted in a movie and practiced law.
- Mya Thein Tan Sayadaw U Sobhana
- U Mya Thwin (Phillip Hla Thwin, EP75)
- U Myat Swe (Solar Printing, TBSA)
- U Myat Thein (Adam Khan, EP76) is a blogger. He represented RIT in Hockey. He also rowed at RUBC.
- Saya U Myat Thwin (ChE66, Texas, USA)
- Dr. Myint Aung
- U Myint Aung (Actor)
- Daw Myint Myint (C69)
- Daw Myint Myint Khin (Actor)
- Daw Myint Myint Khin (Librarian)
- Daw Myint Myint Thein (Ma Tu, C77) is a dhamma friend.
- Daw Myint Myint Thein (Susan) studied at UCC. She worked in Singapore before moving back to Myanmar.
- Dr. Myint Soe (Lawyer)
- U Myint Soe (BBS)
- U Myint Soe (Willie Soe Maung, Dental Surgeon, GBNF)
- U Myint Soe (Henry, M79)
- U Myint Thein (“MMT”) served as Chief Justice of the Union of Burma and was detained in the Coup d’etat in 1962. He served as Ambassador to China. He is an author and translator.
- U Myint Thein (Maung Kabar, M69, GBNF)
- U Myint Thein (David, M689) attended St. Columban’s High School in Bhamo.
- Dr. Myint Thein (M73) wrote articles for RIT Alumni International Newsletter and for Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung.
- Dr. Myint Thein (M86, Rector of YTU)
- U Myint Thein (SPHS62, B. Com) was our cox for the St. Paul’s Novice crew at RUBC. The crew comprised of Willie Soe Maung (Myint Soe), Kyaw Wynn, Maung Maung Kyi and Hla Min.
- U Myint Thein (Soon Hoe, C74) ran a recording studio back in Burma. He is a volunteer audio and video recorder for selected monasteries and associations in the San Francisco Bay Area. He and his spouse Dr. Cynthia offered books and CDs as dhamma dhana.
- U Myint Thein (Michael, SPHS68, M74) works in Singapore.
- U Myint Thein (EPC)
- U Myint Thein (Trade)
- U Myint Thin (Peter, M71, Luyechun, RUBC)
- U Myo Aung (EE69er)
- U Myo Aung (NorCal RITAA)
- U Myo Aye (ARITA)
- U Myo Chit (Actor)
- U Myo Chit (UCC)
- Myo Daw Thein Aung (Zat)
- Saya U Myo Min served as Professor of English at the University of Rangoon and later taught at the Institute of Education. Saya is a bilingual author. His pen name is “Nwe Soe”. Some mention Saya as a co-founder of the “Khit San Sar Pay” along with Theikpan Maung Wa (ICS U Sein Tin), Zawgyi (Saya U Thein Han) and Minthuwun (Saya U Wun). Of Saya’s four children, Pamela (Min Thet Mon) served as Professor of Architecture and Uno (Kyaw Myo) is serving as Deputy Minister. Patricia and Beauty are medical doctors.
- Saya U Myo Min (SPHS58) matriculated from St. Paul’s High School. He won medals for standing first in Intermediate of Commerce and Bachelor of Commerce. He became CA (Chartered Accountant) in the United Kingdom. He worked as Systems Analyst for IBM UK. Saya Dr. Chit Swe asked Saya’s mother if Saya Myo would be interested to help with the UCC Project. His father passed away while he was working in the UK, so he decided to come back to be with his mother and also to help with his computer and business skills. He joined UCC as Applications Manager. He did his Masters in Systems Engineering at the University of Lancaster in the UK. The Applications Division later became (a) Business Applications Division and (b) Scientific Applications Division. Saya U Myo Min managed the Business Applications Division. Saya U Ko Ko Lay (GBNF), who earlier served as Operations Manager, led the Scientific Applications Division. Saya passed the “Thingyo” examination. He is well versed not only in Business Applications, but monitors leading edge technologies. Saya’s spouse Daw Khin Khin Chit Maung taught English at RIT before joining UNICEF. She is the younger sister of U Sein Tin (father of Kyaw Thu), and Saya U Tin Htut (M60). Saya moved to the USA. He worked for Seagate and Connor.
- Saya U Myo Min (Monty Han, Geology) is the eldest son of Lt. Colonel Min Han (medical doctor and Maw gun win). He studied in the USA. After retirement from the Geology Department, he moved to the USA.
- U Myo Min (ChE69) donated to the YTU Library Modernization Project.
- Dr. Myo Min (Pediatrician)
- U Myo Myint (EC67, RUBC Gold)
- U Myo Myint (EC68, RIT EE)
- Saya U Myo Myint (M70)
- Bagyee U Myo Myint (M74)
- Dr. Myo Myint Aung
- U Myo Myint Pe (ChE72)
- Saya U Myo Nyunt (Mathematics, Principal)
- U Myo Nyunt (Harry Kyaw, SPHS63)
- U Myo Nyunt (C69, Soccer, Track and Field)
- U Myo Nyunt (Musician, Bay Area)
- U Myo Oo
- Dr. Myo San (Freddie Ba San, SPHS63, Third in Burma)
- U Myo Swe (UCC)
- U Myo Than
- U Myo Thant (EE74)
- Dr. Myo Thaw
- U Myo Thein (Paung Moke, PBRS, Master Mariner)
- U Myo Thwe
- U Myo Thwin (Fred, UCC)
- U Myo Tin (William Hone, RUBC Captain and Gold)
- U Myo Tin (Texas)
- Dr. Myo Tint (RUBC Captain and Gold)
- U Myo Zin