Updated : August 13, 2019
The list is not exhaustive.
Need feedback for omissions and corrections.
- U Tha Aung (M78) and Daw Kinsa Maw-Naing hosted RIT reunions in Canada. They worked with Canadian NGOs in Myanmar.
- Tha Beinda
- Tha Oo (Shan Pyay, Writer)
- U Tha Din (RUBC)
- U Tha Din (Political Science)
- Saya Dr. Tha Hla served as Professor of Geology, Interim Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Rector of the University of Rangoon. He retired from UN>
- Dr. Tha Hla was a dermatologist and personal physician of Tripitaka Sayadaw. He was conferred Wunna Kyaw Htin by the government. He is the father of U Theikdi Hla (ChE75, UCC) and U Eikdi Hla.
- U Tha Hlaing was Head of the RIT Physics Department.
- U Tha Hlaing (EC83), son of Saya Dr. Freddie Ba Hli, stood Joint First with U Thaung Tin (EC83, KMD, Deputy Minister) in the Final Year.
- U Tha Htay (M70) is a major donor for the Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65. He was Head of MES (nay Pyi Taw Chapter).
- Tha Ka Doe (Writer)
- U Tha Myat (Kyay Taing Min Gyi. Father of Daw Than Than Tint (UCC) and U Tin Tun (UCC))
- U Tha San (Actor, Director)
- U Tha Sein (Sunlun)
- U Tha Oo (Shan Pyay, Writer)
- U Tha Win (Father of Eddie Tha Win (Dr. Nyunt Win))
- U Tha Win (Latha)
Tha (in middle and end of name)
- U Chan Tha is a multi-talented athlete.
He is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC (Rangoon University Boat Club). He was Captain of the Prome Hall Soccer team, which won Inter-Hall Trophy for three years in a row.
He represented Burma in Soccer.
- H.E. U Than Aung (Minister for Education in AFPFL government) father of Saya U Aung (Alphonso).
- Dr. Than Aung (Ophthalmologist).
- Dr. Than Aung (EENT)
- Dr. Than Aung (Brother of U Kyaw Oo)
- U Than Aung (Brother of U San Aung, U Mya Aung and U May Aung)
- U Than Aye
- U Than Byin (Writer)
- U Than Daing is an early devotee of Sayadaw U Vimala (Mogok Sayadaw). He and U Sway Tin (son-in-law) recorded, wrote and translated dhamma books for the Mogok Vipassana Ah Thinn.
- U Than Htay (SPHS63, RIT)
- Saya U Than Htay (Vice President of MARB)
- U Than Htay (Dhamma, former teaching assistant of Saya U Aye Cho in Japan)
- A1 Than Htut (Stanley Bu, Director)
- U Than Htut (Educator)
- U Than Htut (M67, RUBC Gold)
- U Than Htut (Director)
- U Than Htut (Harry Whaunt, Australia)
- Dr. Than Lwin (Kyin Hin, RUBC, GBNF)
- U Than Lwin (Eric Lwin, Economics, Librarian, GBNF)
- U Than Lwin (UCC, CSO, Singapore)
- U Than Lwin (Tennis)
- U Than Lwin (EPC)
- Hinthada U Than Maung
- Myitzuthaka U Than Maung is the father of Daw Khin Than Nwe (Margaret, T62), Dr. Tin Maung Maung Than (Edward, Political Economist) and Dr. Khin Maung Maung Than (Freddie, Medical doctor).
- U Than Myaing (M69) had a roll number close to me and U Aung Min (M69) in I.Sc.(A). He was an RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Shin. He often visits his family in the USA.
- Dr. Than Naing (Bonny Kywe, SPHS66, Geology) hosted a Paulian Gathering at Olympic Park, Sydney in 2006.
- U Than Naing (Drummer & vocalist) is the younger brother of U Sein Lwin (Raymond Ba Hpyu, vocalist)
- Commodore Than Pe (Minister of Health and Education, President of RUBC) was the first from the 17-man Revolutionary Council to pass away.
- U Than Pe (Accountant, younger brother of Dr. Nyi Nyi).
- U Than Pe Lay (Vocalist and Actor)
- U Than Saw was Chief Editor of WPD (Working People’s Daily). He succeeded U Khin Maung Latt. He was succeeded by U Ko Lay. U Than Saw is the grandfather of Daw Khin Khin Latt (Mrs. KMZ).
- U Than Sein is an alumni of PBRS.
- Colonel Than Sein (member of Revolutionary Council)
- Rakkhine Than Sein was one of the Ma Sa La Secretaries purged in the control struggle
- Dr. Than Sit (High School Luyechun from Sagaing, Liver Foundation, GBNF)
- Saya U Than Tin (Metallurgy, USA)
- U Than Tin (M59, RUBC Gold)
- Saya U Than Tin (Thahee, Physics, Father of Nancy Than Tin (PBRS))
- U Than Win (Alan Khoo, GBNF), elder brother of U Kyi Win (Eddie Khoo, GBNF) and U Aung Win (Owen Khoo, M71).
- U Than Win (Captain of University First Eleven, Director of Sports and Physical Education Department)
- U Than Win (M, SPHS63, M69er)
- U Than Win (Henry Wong, SPHS)
- U Than Win (T70, script writer for Thamankyar).
- U Than Tun (A66) is the elder brother of U San Maung (A70). They are nephews of Sayadaw U Silanandabhivamsa. U Than Tun co-authored Kogyi Koung (A67, GBNF)’s article on Sayagyi U Tha Tun, Head of Architecture Department. His grandfather and his father are prominent Pi Thu Ka.
- U Than Tun (M70) worked for Defense Industries. We crossed out path a couple of times : during his visit to the USA and during my visit to Yangon (where he drove me home from a gathering of the Class of 70 & 71).
- I first met Saya Dr. Than Tun (distinguished Historian) at the Recreation Center. My uncle introduced the Char Taik to Saya. He taught at the University of Rangoon and as a visiting Professor overseas (doing research and writing books in Japan, USA, …).
- U Than Tun worked in the Operations Division of UCC. He is spending time with some of his children and grand children in the USA.
- U Than Tun, father of Uzin Bobby Myo Tun (A69), passed away recently in his 90’s. Grapevine says that he was a good Tuition Saya who would tell stories about his overseas assignment and about his gifted sons : architect turned Sayadaw, football selected, and vocalist.
- U Than Tun, father-in-law of Wynn Myint Aung (EC76), was an army officer (Captain) during the Japanese occupation. After Independence, he attended the University of Rangoon. He passed away recently in Frederick, Maryland, USA recently in his 90’s.
- Thakin Than Tun was a founding member of BCP (Burma Communist Party). He served as Secretary of AFPFL (Anti-Fascist People’s Freedom League). He attended several conferences overseas. Due to ideological differences and for going underground as Leader of the White Flag BCP, his early contributions to the struggle for Burma’s Independence are not covered in most history books.
- U Than Tun Aye
- Bohmu Thane Myint (PBRS, DSA) served in the Air Force, and in the Myanmar Delegation to the UN. He managed the Myanmar Olympic Team for Seoul Olympics in 1988.
- Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint (SPHS60, IM1 67) taught Pediatrics. He processed “Perinatal Survey” and other projects at UCC. He worked for UN in Bangladesh and Fiji before migrating to Australia. He was founder and moderator of AMIM (Alumni of Medical Institutes from Myanmar) Yahoo Group. His former colleagues and students published a book as a present for his 70th birthday.
- Bohmu Aung Thane (Shwe Dagon Gawpaka, Mingala Bhuha, Navy)
- U San Myint Thane (Sammy, EC79) was the first student at RIT to do a Final Year EE project using Microprocessor.
- U Thaung Aye
- Bogyoke Thaung Dan (BAF)
- U Thaung Han (Artist)
- U Thaung Han (Physics, RUBC)
- U Thaung Htut (Minister)
- U Thaung Lwin (EC66) is RUBC Past Captain and Gold. He is the younger brother of Saya U Tin U, Saya U Ba Than, Dr. Myo Tint, U Tin Htoon (A60) and Saya U Myo Min (UCC). His classmates include U Aung Min, U Khin Maung Oo (Robert) and U Soe Lwin.
- Bohmu Thura Thaung Lwin (Michael Maung Maung, SPHS63, Deputy Minister)
- U Thaung Myint
- U Thaung Sein (Steeve Kay, EC70, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, Multiple Golden Sponsor of SPZPs)
- U Thaung Sein (SPHS)
- U Thaung Sein (Sunlun Yogi)
- Commodore Thaung Tin (Navy, Minister)
- U Thaung Tin (EC83, UCC, KMD, Deputy Minister)
- U Thaung Win (Son of U Ba Thaung)
- U Thaw (Father of Min Thaw (Gilbert, SPHS63, GBNF)
- U Thaw Kaung succeeded U Thein Han (Zawgyi) as Chief Librarian of UCL “Universities’ Central Library”. He has won several awards for his writings and for his dedicated services to Libraries, Library Science, History, Old Manuscripts. He is the son of U Kaung and the brother of Daw Yee May Kaung and Daw Kyi May Kaung.
- Saya Dr. U Thein (Professor of Geology) invited his former student U Soe Myint (UCC) and me to be guest speakers in MASU and in RASU.
- U Thein (Zawna, Writer)
- Kyeepwa Yay U Thein (Father of Bohmu Win Thein (SPHS64)
- Saya Dr. Thein Aung (Chemistry)
- Saya U Thein Aung (Institute of Economics). He and Saya U Tin Nyunt taught Industrial Management at RIT.
- Saya U Thein Aung (Micky Tan, SPHS59, Physics, RUBC Gold, GBNF)
- Saya U Thein Aung (James K Wu, Met 72, RIT Alumni International), a.k.a. Myo Daw, was a Mr RIT, and was a key member of the very first SPZP in 2000.
- Dr. Thein Han (Alexander Sia)
- U Thein Han (Zawgyi) co-founded Khit San Sar Pay. He was a student of Sayagyi U Pe Maung Tin. He was approached by the Burmese and English Departments to do Masters. He chose to study Library Science in the UK. He served as Chief Librarian of the Rangoon University Central Library.
- U Thein Han (Charlie), my lone remaining uncle, worked as Systems Engineer at IBM in Rangoon before moving to the USA. He has shared some of his real-life stories.
- A1 Thein Htut (Freddie Bu, PBRS, Actor and Director)
- Dr. Thein Htut (Son of Colonel Min Sein, RUBC Gold). His spouse is Dr. Wendy Sein. They moved to Australia.
- Saya U Thein Htut (Physics, RASU)
- U Thein Htut (EC83) worked for UCC before moving to private industry.
- U Thein Lwin (Stanley Shwe Gyi, SPHS63) was a member of our group at SPHS.
- Saya U Thein Lwin (EE, GBNF) is an alumni of Lehigh University in the USA. He taught at RIT and Singapore Polytechnic. He was President of the RIT Badminton Association. Led by Sai Kham Pan (EP69, Burma Selected with No. 1 in Doubles and No. 2 in Singles), the RIT Badminton team won the Inter-Institute Championship.
Saya is the elder brother of U Myo Myint (ChE, USA), U Kyi Lwin (George, C66), U Tint Lwin (Daniel, M69) and U Thet Lwin (Henry, EE72).
- U Thein Lwin (M70, Hluttaw)
- U Thein Maung (M69)
- Dr. Thein Maung (EENT, Son of Saya U Kar)
- Sai Thein Maung (C70, Soccer, Track and Field)
- U Thein Maung (Htin Lin, Writer, Father of U Soe Myint (GBNF), U Soe Win (EC70), U Kyaw Zaw (EC72, GBNF) and U Khin Zaw)
- Saya U Thein Oo (Ah Thay Lay) is an example of “Great men are short”. He taught at IE, UCC, DCS and ICST. He co-founded MCI and founded Ace. He plays table tennis, volleyball, and cards.
- Saya U Thein Oo Po Saw (Ernest Po Saw, Nuclear Physics)
- Saya U Thein Tan (C64, Rector of MTU)
- Twante Thein Tan (Vocalist)
- Myanmar Pyay Thein Tan (Musician)
- U Thein Tan (UCC)
- U Thein Tan (Maung Maung Gyi, UCC, GBNF)
- Dr. Thein Tun (SPHS61, EP67) received his doctorate from Australia.
- Dr. Thein Tun (IM1)
- Bohmu Dr. Thein Tun (GBNF)
- Thein Pe is the main fictional character in Zawana’s novel “Collegian (College Gya Po)”.
- U Thein Pe is better known as Thein Pe Myint (author and politician).
- U Thein Sein is a former President of Myanmar.
- Daw Thein Wa (Mother of G Ko Lay) owned a bookstore.
- Dr. Thein Wai (SPHS63, IM2) stood fifth in Matriculation in 1963. He moved to the USA. His brother U Aung Khin (SPHS63, DSA) is GBNF.
Thein (in middle and end of names)
- U Aye Thein (EP69, Volleyball)
- Saya Dr. Aye Thein Kyaw (Physics)
- U Aung Thein (T69, USA)
- U Aung Thein (John Yeo, M71, USA)
- Dr. Aung Thein (Medical Superintendent of Rangoon General Hospital)
- Dhammakahtika U Hla Thein was a Dhamma Lecturer.
- U Kyaw Min Thein (Kenneth, C69)
- U Kyaw Thein (C69)
- U Kyaw Thein (DCA) is a Past Captain of RUBC.
- Dr. Min Thein Thoung (Freddie Tun Thoung, St. Albert’s 64) represented IM(1) in Track & Field, Rowing, Basketball, Swimming.
- Saya U Mya Thein (Bo Shoke, UCC, GBNF) taught at the Institute of Economics, UCC, DCS, ICST and IMBTU.
- U Mya Thein (Bando, Actor, Lawyer)
- U Myat Thein (Adam K Khan, EP76) is a blogger. He represented RIT in Hockey. He also rowed at RUBC.
- U Myint Thein (Maung Kabar, M69, GBNF)
- U Myint Thein (David, M69, Bhamo)
- U Myint Thein (Forestry)
- U Myint Thein (EPC)
- U Myint Thein (Trade)
- U Myint Thein (SPHS62, B.Com)
- Dr. Myint Thein (M73) wrote articles for RIT Alumni International Newsletter and for Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung.
- Dr. Myint Thein (M86, YTU Rector)
- U Myint Thein (“MMT”) served as Chief Justice of the Union of Burma and was detained in the Coup d’etat in 1962. He also served as Ambassador to China. He is an author and translator.
- U Myo Thein (Paung Moke, PBRS) is a Master Mariner.
- U Win Thein (M67, GBNF) co-founded Set Hmu Thadin Zin and Set Hmu (Mechanical) Magazine.
- U Win Thein (EP70) was a High School Luyechun and a top student in EP.
- Bogyi Win Thein was Government Witness for Ohn Kyaw Myint case.
- Saya Thet (Vipassana Teacher, Mentor of Sayagyi U Ba Khin)
- U Thet Lwin taught Burmese at the Institute of Economics. During the Golden Jubilee Celebration of the University of Rangoon in 1970, Saya U Thet Lwin served as Secretary of a subcommittee chaired by Saya Dr. Aung Gyi, then Professor of Civil Engineering at RIT. One day, Saya U Thet Lwin was asked if he would like to become Register at RIT where Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi was Rector (having succeeded Sayagyi U Yone Moe). The rest is history. Saya’s pen name is Ngwe Hlinne. Saya is an accomplished pianist and composer. He received several “Dat Pyas” from BBS (Burma Broadcasting Service) for his songs including “Mya Kyun Nyo Nyo Kun Yeik Kho”. He treated his Ah Nu Pyinnya Shins with the remuneration (he received for his songs, typically K100 per song). Saya is the maternal uncle of U Sein Tin (EC74).
- U Thet Lwin (EC78) worked for UCC and PTC before going to Singapore and Thailand. He is now back in Myanmar.
- Maung Tin became known as Sayagyi U Pe Maung Tin (Burmese and Pali Scholar, and Principal).
- Sithu U Tin succeeded Commodore Than Pe as the President of RUBC. When all schools except Medical and Engineering were closed in 1963, the Annual Regatta was cancelled citing security reasons. U Tin however decided to hold the 40th Anniversary Dinner at a hotel in Royal Lakes (Kandawgyi). U Tin, U Po Zon and U Tin Htoon (A60) had compiled the history of RUBC for the Souvenir Program.
- Myanmar Ah Lin U Tin was owner and/or publisher of the Burmese newspaper.
- Thakin Tin was a leader of the Nu-Tin faction (AKA “Thant Shin” or “Clean AFPFL”) during the AFPFL split with the Swe-Nyein faction (AKA “Ti Mye” or “Stable AFPFL”).
- Saya Dr. Tin Aung (Physics) was elected as a Patron in absentia by the All Universities’ Saya Association during 8-8-88. Upon his return from the US as a member of the Education, he was forced to resign.
- Dr. Tin Aung (Patrick Aung, Past President of USBMA)
- U Tin Aung (Goalkeeper, Burma & Asia Selected)
- U Tin Aung (M69, GBNF)
- U Tin Aung (Victor Tan, Tekkatho Phone Kywe)
- U Tin Aung Cho (Tennis, Diplomat)
- U Tin Aung Win (C80, ex-UCC, Singapore)
- U Tin Aung Win (M74, Singapore)
- U Tin Aung Win (Tom Aung Gyaw, Australia)
- Dr. Tin Cho Myint (Marjorie)
- U Tin Hla (EP69, GBNF)
- U Tin Hla (BSPP)
- U Tin Hla (Labor)
- Saya U Tin Hlaing (M59, GBNF) studied at Purdue University. He headed the Agri Sub-department of Mechanical Engineering department at RIT. He played Tennis. He passed away because of the scarcity of dialysis machines in Burma and the delay in getting a passport to get medical treatment overseas.
- Saya Dr. Tin Hlaing (M63) is a classmate of my elder brother. Saya is also known as “R” and “Byte” to distinguish from the senior U Tin Hlaing. He played soccer. He co-chaired SPZP 2002 held in Singapore. He became a “Tone Kyaw” when his namesake passed away.
- Dr. Tin Hlaing taught Maritime Studies. When he passed away in Singapore, some RIT alumni thought that it was their Saya and notified their friends (wrongly).
- Saya U Tin Hlaing (Professor of Mathematics)
- U Tin Hlaing (SPHS59, ChE65) is a saya at Singapore Polytechnic
- U Tin Hlaing (Le Dwin Thar Saw Chit, Author) was a University Luyechun for the Inlay Khaung Daing Camp in 1965. He received National Literary Awards.
- U Tin Hlaing (UCC)
- U Tin Hlaing Hmee (Pilot)
- Bohmu Tin Htoo Sein (Navy) and U Tin Htet Sein (Physics & Electronics) are twins and Old Paulians. They are younger brothers of Saya U Myo Myint Sein (Retired Professor of Architecture). All eight brothers are B.O.Bs.
- Dr. Tin Htoo (Geograohy, GBNF)
- U Tin Htoo (Chemistry)
- Bohmu Tin Htoo Sein (Navy) and U Tin Htet Sein (Physics & Electronics) are twins and Old Paulians. They are younger brothers of Saya U Myo Myint Sein (Retired Professor of Architecture). All eight brothers are B.O.Bs.
- U Tin Htoon (A60) is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC. He was ARAE Champion in 1958 with Dr. Harry Saing (GBNF) for Coxless Pairs (Venables Bowl). He was ARAE Champion in 1960 with Dr. Harry Saing, Victor Htun Shein (GBNF), Sonny Teng and U Sein Htoon for Coxed Fours (Willingdon Trophy). He won a Silver Medal in SEAP Games Yachting with U Hla Khin (Burma Navy). He compiled and published Souvenir Magazines with the help of U Htaik San (Henry Kao) and volunteer editors. He co-founded Triple Gems Publication with Dr. Maung Maung Lwin (UK), Harry Than Htut (Canada), Victor Htay Aung (Australia) and Daw Emma Tin Tin Myint (Singapore). He is a director of Pariyatti Association.
- Saya U Tin Htut (M60) is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC. He co-founded BASES in Southern California. He was an organizer of SPZP-2000 and the Financial Controller of the 2015 Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles. He came up to the San Francisco Bay Area several times to attend the activities of RIT Alumni International and NorCal RITAA. He donated K10 Lakhs to Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF) in January 2017. He donated K100 Lakhs to the YTU Library Modernization Project in December 2018.
- U Tin Htut (Harry Chang, M69) wrote under his pen name “Mon Yu”.
- U Tin Htut (M69) is a sea faring engineer.
- U Tin Htway (M59) switched to Civil after moving to the USA. He co-founded BASES with Saya U Tin Htut and U Tun Tin (David).
- U Tin Kyi (USA)
- Dr. Tin Kyi Win (UK)
- U Tin Latt (SPHS68) and his elder brother Edmund Ba Thin (my former classmate) are Paulians. He Tin Latt rowed for Ye Kyaung Lu Nge with Mg Mg Khant, Mg g Thant and Khin Mg Oo.
- U Tin Latt (M85) is Past President and current Vice President of RITAA, General Secretary of SDYF, and EC Member of MES. U Myo Aye (M94) succeeded U Tin Latt as President of RITAA for the term 2018 – 2020.
- Saya U Tin Lin (ChE72) taught at RIT and Singapore.
- A1 U Tin Maung (Actor and Director) is the younger brother of U Tin Nwe, U Nyi Pu and U Maung Maung Soe.
- Bohmu Tin Maung (Hmu Tin) was an evangelist for Non-smoking. He wrote technical articles (some based on Popular Mechanics, Popular Electronics and foreign journals). He recommended U Tin Htut (Harry, M69, “Mon Yu”) to write for his magazine and other publications.
- Bohmu Tin Maung (Myat Htan) was a member of the scholars sent to Japan during the Occupation. He is an author.
- Dr. Tin Maung (GBNF) succeeded Saya Dr. Chit Swe as Director of UCC. During his tenure, the Department of Computer Science (DCS) was founded under Rangoon University. He became Rector of ICST (Institute of Computer Science and Technology).
- Shwe Mann Tin Maung is a distinguished Zat Mintha. His son Nyunt Win won several academy awards.
- Dr. Tin Maung Aye studied under an eminent Theoretical Physicist at the University of London.
- Thura Tin Maung Aye (GBNF) was a senior officer in the Air Force.
- U Tin Maung Aye (M69) played the Accordion at the “RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Ah Thin” and “Geeta Seesar”.
- U Tin Maung Lwin (Kenneth, ex-RUBC)
- U Tin Maung Lwin (brother of U Tin Maung Latt, both ex-RUBC)
- U Tin Maung Lwin (Past EC and BOD, TBSA)
- U Tin Maung Lay (M69, GBNF) passed away on a Friday (Holiday in the Middle East) on his last assignment. He had requested to retire, but his boss asked him to do one more assignment. His company and friends had to double their efforts to ensure that U Tin Maung Lay’s body could be flown back to the US.
- Dr. Tin Maung Maung Than (Edward Than Maung, SPH65) is a Physicist turned Political Economist.
- U Tin Maung Ni (GBNF) was swimming champion for Rangoon University, Navy, Burma, SEAP and Asian Games.
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (M60, USA) donated $500 for the “Training Component” of the YTU Library Modernization project
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (Met70) is the spouse of Sayama Daw Victoria Simon (Met70)
- Saya U Tin Maung Oo (M67, GBNF, spouse of Daw Thida Swe) served as Assistant Superintendent of Workshop under Saya U Phone Myint.
- U Tin Maung Than is an author. He was an invited speaker at the San Francisco Bay Area Annual Literary Talks.
- U Tin Maung Thant (GBNF) attended PPBRS before joining his father UNSG U Thant. He passed away during a visit to Burma.
- Saya U Tin Maung Thein (EE62) is the eldest son of Arznee U Ohn Maung.
- Dr. Tin Maung Wai and Dr. Tin Aung Wai are medical doctor specialists in California.
- Daw Tin May
- Sayama Daw Tin May Lwin taught at UCC, DCS and ICST.
- Sayama Daw Tin May Soe (ChE70) is a sister of U Myint Soe and U Myat Soe (both Civil alumni and GBNF).
- Daw Tin May Soe (ChE70) taught at ChE. She is the younger sister of U Myint Soe (C67, GBNF) and U Mya Soe (C68, GBNF).
- Tin Moe (U Ba Gyan, Poet)
- Daw Tin Moe Lwin (Master of ceremonies)
- Daw Tin Moe We (Sweetie, UCC, UN)
- Daw Tin Moe We (Vocalists)
- U Tin Myint (Geology, brother of Hla Kyi, father of Myat Htoo Razak) coxed two or more teams for the Senior Novices. He is the elder son of Arzani U Razak. He is the brother-in-law of U Khin Maung Latt and U Khin Maung Lay (Henry) who represented the Faculty of Engineering and RIT in several sports.
- U Tin Myint (David Ko, M67) is a Golden Sponsor for SPZP-2000. He also donated $3000 for SPZP-2012. He is a successful entrepreneur.
- U Tin Myint (John T Lee, M69, GBNF) was Lu Ye Chun for 4th B.E. He represented RIT in Table Tennis.
- U Tin Myint (M80) taught at RIT. He posed the question “Which G-Hall Thu named two sayas as U Seik To and Myauk Nyo?”
- Daw Tin Myint is a senior sayama at RIT ChE Department.
- Bohmu Tin Ngwe (C72, Minister)
- A1 U Tin Nwe (Pioneer in the Burmese Movie Industry) . He is the elder brother of U Nyi Pu, U Maung Maung Soe and A1 U Tin Maung (all directors and actors).
- U Tin Nwe (Milton Sein, SPHS62, C68) — President of BASES
- U Tin Nwe (Cowboy, C69, GBNF)
- U Tin Nyein (UCC, PTC)
- Saya U Tin Nyunt (visiting lecturer at RIT for Industrial Management)
- Mintha U Tin Nyunt (contemporary of Shwe Ba)
- Champion Tin Nyunt
- U Tin Ohn (Old member of RUBC). He is the father of U Tin Nyo, U Tin Bo, U Tin Mo, U Tin Wa (past Captain and Gold of RUBC) and U Hla Tin Ngwe (Frankie Ohn, first in Burma in 1959 from SPHS).
- U Tin Ohn (Law Professor)
- U Tin Ohn (Physics, ex-UCC, UN retiree)
- Bogyoke Tin Oo (NLD Leader)
- “Myet Hman” Tin Oo (Military Intelligence)
- Bogyoke Tin Oo (S2, “Twe Bet Hnit”, deceased)
- U Tin Oo (M87) is a sponsor and organizer for the SPZPs in Yangon
- Saya U Tin Oo Hlaing (Physics) was Principal and Rector. He served as interpreter to Saddhamaransi Sayadaw during the dhamma duta mission to the USA.
- U Tin Oo Thaung, son of Sandayar U Sein Thaung, played keyboard for bands including Playboy.
- Brigadier General Tin Pe was a member of the Revolutionary Council. He is the father of Wunna Sithu (EC71) and Nanda Kyaw Swar.
- U Tin Shein (“Phone Gyi”, M69) represented RIT in Chinlon.
- Saya U Tin Shwe (EP66, GBNF) taught at RIT and ABAC. He became a Sayadaw after retirement.
- U Tin Shwe is a RIT 69er.
- Dr. Tin Shwe wrote under the name “Saya Wun Tin Shwe”. I received several of his books given by his daughter Tyn Tyn Aye (ex-UCC). He is an award winning author and publisher.
- U Tin Si and U Khin Si excel at Tennis and Soccer.
- Bohmu Tin Soe was a Board member for RIT.
- U Tin Soe rowed on the Bow side of the early crew from Defense Services. His crew mates include U Sein Kyaing (Stroke), U Hla Khin (Bow or 3), U Soe Wai (2) and Petty Office U San Myint (Cox).
- Dr. Daw Tin Soe was Medical Superintendent.
- Saya U Tin Swe (EE53) played soccer for the Prome Hall, which won Inter-Hall tournaments for three consecutive years. He also played tennis. He was a power user at UCC along with his former students Dr. San Oo (EP67) and U Aung Kyaw Pe (EP69).
- U Tin Than (EE7x)
- Dr. Tin Than Myint (GBNF) is a psychiatrist and practitioner of meditation.
- U Tin Thein (DCA, father of Eddie Tin Thein) used to tell jokes at the Old Members party following the RUBC Regattas. Sample : “I was the Brain. He was the Brawn. Together, we dominated the Coxless Pairs.”
- Daw Tin Tin was an officer at the Churchill Post Office. She married a clerk who later rose to great heights.
- Daw Tin Tin Aye (GBNF) founded PPBRS. Her younger sisters are Daw Yi Yi and Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Ah Mar).
- Daw Tin Tin Aye was Principal of TTC Practicing School.
- Daw Tin Tin Aye is the daughter of Colonel Min Sein and Daw Yin May. She is the younger sister of Dr. Thein Htut (RUBC Gold).
- Daw Tyn Tyn Aye is the daughter of Sayawun Tin Shwe and spouse of U Thaung Tin (KMD).
- Daw Tin Tin Aye (Tin Tin Shu, ex-UCC, USA)
- Daw Tin Tin Aye (Chem) — younger sister of U Saw Oo (PBRS)
- Tin Tin Aye (Mohingar) started with a single shop.
- A1 Tin Tin Hla is the spouse of Bogyi Win Thein.
- Daw Tin Tin Hla (A70) and her spouse U Aung Khin (A69) retired after working in Botswana and elocated to Seattle.
- Dr. Tin Tin Hla is a Past President of USBMA.
- Dr. Tin Tin Hlaing (Helen, younger sister of Dr. Tin Tin Hla) is the spouse of U Thein Kyaing (George, T72).
- Daw Tin Tin Hlaing (UCC) is the daughter of Saya Dr. Freddie Ba Hli and Daw Myint Thwe. She is the spouse of U Htay Aung (Victor, EC80).
- Daw Tin Tin Myint (Emma, ChE70) a sayama, a Minthamee, and Mae Daw Gyi (co-founder of Dana Sri Lanka). She is a co-founder of Triple Gem Publication with U Tin Htoon (A60), Dr. Maung Maung Lwin (UK), Harry Than Htut (Canada) and U Htay Aung (EC80, Australia). She and U Yu Swan (Don Min) organize Pon Chan Chan Parties in Singapore.
- Daw Tin Tin Myint studied in Hawaii and relocated to California.
- Daw Tin Tin Nyo (Actress)
- Daw Tin Tin Yee (1) (UCC)
- Daw Tin Tin Yee (2) (UCC)
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : Dr. Tin Tun PhD, FRCP ( London), FRCP (Edin) molecular scientist, working in Malaysia, has the distinction of being Burma’s-only Visiting Scientist at the Royal Society of London. Although not a fellow he is regarded as one of the top molecular scientists. Fellows of the Royal Society were Isaac Newton and Stephen Hawkins. I do not know of any other Burmese doctors who are visiting scientists of the Royal Society.
- U Tin Tun (M69) was my classmate from Std. IV(D) at SPHS, I.Sc.(A) and RIT. He studied and taught Naval Architecture and Maritime subjects.
- U Tin Tun (M71) is a pianist and host along with Daw Mar Mar Yee (M75) for the Singapore Pon-Chan-Chan gatherings.
- U Tin Tun (Vernon Stiles) played along side Suk Bahadur for the Army and Burma Selection.
- U Tin Tun, younger brother of Daw Than Than Tint, studied at UCC.
- U Tin Tun is the brother-in-law of Kya Gyi Ba Swe (Leader of Stable AFPFL).
- L. Tin Tun (Dr. Chris Lee, EE59) taught at the EE Department at RIT. He is a Past President of BASES. He retired from NASA.
- U Tin Tut is the elder brother of U Kyaw Myint, U Myint Thein, Dr. Htin Aung, Daw Khin Mya Mu, Daw Khin Saw Mu and Daw Tin Saw Mu. He is the first Burmese ICS by invitation, Diplomat, Journalist, Brigadier in the Army Reserve, Minister in Bogyoke Aung San’s cabinet and Victim of the political assassination. He is partly responsible for the Classic short story “Bagyee Aung Nyar Dae” which could have been titled “Bagyee Tut Nyar Dae”.
- U Tin U, elder brother of Sayagyi U Ba Than, became RUBC Gold at the 1948 Independence Regatta. He is the most senior surviving Past Captain of RUBC. He is also Past Captain of RGC. I wrote a post about the Kidnapping by his former driver and how he miraculously survived. Dr. Khin Tun (Peter, his son) provided details of the kidnapping.
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : Prof. U Tin U, elder brother of Saya U Sein Win (RIT EE), Burma’s first professor of child health & Medical Superintendent of the Rangoon Children’s Hospital; WHO Visiting Prof of Paediatrics, Dhaka Bangladesh, Member of WHO Technical Advisory Committee on Child Health, Author of Seven books in Burmese on child health, president of the Myanmar Cross Society, Director General of Medical Education,Director General of Health
- Dr. Tin Wa (SPHS57) is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC. He is an adjunct professor at the University of San Francisco. He paints. He regularly rows sculls. He is the second youngest son of U Tin Ohn, a founding member of RUBC. U Tin Ohn’s sons are U Tin Nyo, Dr. Tin Bo, Dr. Tin Mo, Dr. Tin Wa and Dr. Hla Tin Ngwe (Frankie Ohn, first in Burma in 1959).
- Dr. Tin Win (M62, Past President of BASES, core organizer of 2015 Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles)
- Dr. Tin Win (David Ba Htay, Chemistry)
- Dr. Tin Win (Alan De Santoz, Chemistry)
- Saya U Tin Win (M59, Bago)
- U Tin Win (Min69, host of 69er gatherings)
- U Tin Win (younger brother of U Tun Shein (Willie Saing, RUBC Gold)
- Saya U Tin Win (EC71, UCC)
- U Tin Win (Operator, UCC) Dr. Ma Tin Win (Educator)
- John Tin Win (Principal, Co-op Training School)
- U Tin Win Aung co-founded MCI.
- U Tin Yee
- Daw Tin Yee
- Daw Tin Zaw Aye
- Dr. Tint Lwin took the Pure Science Option and hoped to become an engineer. Then, he had a change of mind and wanted to become a doctor. So, after passing the I.Sc. examination, he had to take Biology (Zoology & Botany) classes for I.Sc.(A) and I.Sc.(B). Technically, he was enrolled as 1st MBBS student trying to fulfill the Biology requirements. He played Basketball, Volley and Soccer. He wanted to play the forward position in Soccer, but his friends coaxed him to be a Goalkeeper. He played at the Aung San Stadium along with Collegian Nay Win, Kenneth Shein, and Tun Kyi for the University First Eleven. His spouse Daw Myint Myint Kyi is the elder sister of U Myint Sein (M69, RIT Badminton & 69er HCF).
- U Tint Lwin (Daniel, M69) retired as Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering at NTU (Nanyang Technological University) in Singapore. He is an accomplished organizer, guitarist and vocalist. He plays the guitar along with Ko Albert Kyaw Min and Ko Robert Win Boh at the 69er gatherings. Saya U Win Mra (RIT English) taught him and his brothers U Kyi Lwin (George, C67) and U Thet Lwin (Henry, EE72) how to play the guitar.
- U Tun Aung (Jeffrey Kamdar, EC68)
- U Tun Aung (Tennis)
- U Tun Aung (Librarian, GBNF)
- U Tun Aye
- U Tun Kyi (M67, Tennis, GBNF)
- U Tun Kyi (Minister)
- U Tun Kyi (UCC)
- U Tun Khin (DMR)
- U Tun Lwin (Met/Hydro)
- U Tun Lwin (Chemistry, ARDC)
- Bogyi Tun Maung (Weightlifting)
- U Tun Maung (Book lender)
- Dr. Tun Min
- Bohmu Tun Myint (BAF)
- U Tun Myint (UCC)
- Tekkatho Tun Naung (BDS, Stereo Khit)
- Dr. Tun Oo
- U Tun Oo Khine (EP69, GBNF)
- Dr. Tun San Maung
- Colonel Tun Sein (Mayor, Ambassador)
- Dr. Tun Sein Lee (USBMA)
- U Tun Shein (Willy Saing, RUBC Gold)
- Saya U Tun Shein (Mathematics)
- Dr. Tun Shin
- Dr. Tun Shwe (Writer)
- Saya U Tun Shwe (M60)
- U Tun Shwe (UCC)
- U Tun Shwe (ChE72)
- U Tun Than
- Dr. Tun Thein (George Thein Maung, Yachting)
- U Tun Thein (A67)
- U Tun Thaung
- Dr. Tun Thin (IMF)
- U Tun Tin (Frankie Wong, Advocate)
- U Tun Tin (David, Co-founder of BASES)
- U Tun Tin (M69)
- U Tun Wai (Actor)
- Dr. Tun Wai (Economist)
- U Tun Win (M)
- U Tun Win (Diplomat)
- U Tun Zan (RUBC Gold)
- Dr. Tun Zaw