Updated : August 10, 2019
The list is not exhaustive.
Need feedback for omissions and corrections.
- Oak is a tree.
“Tie a yellow ribbon round an old oak tree” is from an Oldie song.
- Dr. Oak Soe Kha (Alvin, MEHS70) is the son of Sayagyi Dr. Maung Maung Kha. He is a High School Luyechun. He is named an Honorary Paulian by his friends.
- Oakland (City in the USA)
- Thousand Oaks (City in USA)
- “San Shay” U Ohn (Advisor to U Nu)
- [Per Dr. Nyunt Wai] : MA Daw Ohn (Master of Arts
- U Ohn Gyaw (Minister of Foreign Affairs of SLORC government)
- Accordion Ohn Gyaw (Musician, actor) co-founded the “Stereo Kit” with Tekkatho Tun Naung.
- U Ohn Hlaing (Elmo, EC64, RUBC, GBNF) served as Rangoon Division Engineer of PTC. He rowed for the Faulty of Engineering, University of Rangoon.
- U Ohn Khin (Editor for the commemorative issue of Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung for SPZP-2007 in Singapore)
- U Ohn Khin (Chief Editor of “Bama Khit” and “Mogyoe” newspapers)
- U Ohn Khine (M70, St. Peter’s, HIC) is moderator of the Google Group for “Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65”.
He is an organizer for SPZPs, his Group’s Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe.
He is a member of HMEE-2012 Project. He translated Section One and summarized Section Two of the HMEE-2012 Book. He and yours truly compiled the supplement CD for the HMEE-2012 book.
He is a member of the HMEE-2018 Project.
During my visits to Yangon, he gave me rides to the SPZP and HMEE meetings and some gatherings.
- U Ohn Kyaw (Minister in the Ma Sa La government_
- U Ohn Kyaw (Met and Hydro Department)
- Bogyi Ohn Kyaw Myint (PSO of Bogyoke Kyaw Htin) was convicted of treason in the Ma Sa La era and was hanged.
- [Per Dr, Nyunt Wai} : U Ohn Lwin – artist, magazine illustrator, contemporary of Ko Lay, San Lwin, Myat Kyaw
- Saya U Ohn Maung (Mehm Aye Chan, M69) taught at RIT along with U Aung Myint (M69) and U Khin Maung Tin (M69). After serving as Engineer at sea, he set up his company.
- Saya U Ohn Maung (Anthony Sein, SPHS62, ChE68) taught at RIT. He has some medical problems. Swel Daw Yeik Foundation has passed a resolution to provide annual financial support of K4+ Lakhs.
- ICS U Ohn Maung, father of Saya U Tin Maung Thein (EE62) and Francis Ohn Maung (PBRS), is an Arzani. He passed away on July 19, 1947.
[Per U Tin Ohn]: The Cabinet meeting ended a bit early, so Boygoke asked him to tell U Ohn Maung to discuss his report.
- London Art U Ohn Maung (Pioneer in Burmese movies)
- Lay Htee U Ohn Maung is a historical figure.
- “Kyar Zan” Ohn Maung is an actor.
- [Per Dr. Nyunt Wai} : U Ohn Maung (Psychiatrist, writer)
- Saya Dr. Ohn Myint (C64) taught at RIT. He worked for World Bank.
- U Ohn Myint (BADA) is a classmate of Uzin U Chan Min, U Kun Pe and U Kyi Khin at the Institute of Economics. They volunteer for accounting and/or audit at selected non-profit organizations.
- Ahtout-taw (reporter) U Ohn Myint (Journalist)
- U Ohn Pe (Tet Toe, Author, Compiler of Tet-Toe English-Burmese Dictionary, Director of News Agency Burma)
- U Ohn Shein (Burma selected in Volleyball)
- U Ohn Thwin (“Ohn Thee”, GBNF) attended UCC and worked for Pearl and Fisheries. He also attended Veda courses.
- U Ohn Thwin (Burma selected in swimming)
- [Per Dr. Nyunt Wai] Chaung sone Ohn Thwin (Writer)
- U Ohn Tin (Battery)
- U Ohn Tin (Burma Weightlifting Association)
- U Ohn Win (Raymond, M75) told me that I was senior to him in school, but junior to him in terms of (a) children and (b) grandchildren. He is the brother of the “Win sisters” — Joyce Win and Hilda Win.
- Bohmu Maung Ohn (Deputy Minister)
- Saya U Tin Ohn (Physics, RASU)
- Saya U Tin Ohn (UCC) taught Physics at RC2. He relocated to the USA and worked for UN OPS
- Saya Daw Tin Tin Ohn (Amy Thwin, T61, GBNF)
- Oke means “govern”, “manage”, “rule” or “cover”.
- U Ba Oke (EE69) owns and operates his business.
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : La Min Oke
- Myo Oke is an official in charge of a town or a city.
- [Per Dr. TOKM] ; Nay Min Oke
- [Per Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint] : “In Medical school, a student changed his name to Nay Min Oke. I was told that his two younger brothers also changed their names as La Min Oke and Setkya Walla Oke”.
- U Nay Oke Tint (son of ICS U Ba Tint and Daw Khin Saw Mu) wrote film reviews with the name Nay Oke (St. Paul’s). He is a successful Tuition saya. He is the younger brother of Sayama Daw Khin Saw Tint (Anne, RIT English)
- Say Yone Oke is a Medical Superintendent.
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : Setkya Walla Oke
- Saya Dr. Taing Oke (ChE69) taught at RIT and Japan. He won the National Literary Award and the Sarpay Beikman Sar Mu Su (Manuscript Award). He is also a playwright (Zat Saya).
- Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint (SPHS60) missed the top 5 spots in the Matriculation examination by 1 – 5 marks. His biography and articles about himself, his mentors and his mentees can be read from the book published for his 70th birthday. He contributed some posts and commented on several posts.
- Yone Oke is an Office Superintendent.