Updated : August 8, 2019
- Some names are rare [at least among sayas and alumni].
- Some names are common and need to have “meta data” for minimizing or removing ambiguity.
- For example, there are several alumni named Aung Myint, Soe Win, and Han Sein
- U Aung Myint (M67) recently passed away.
- U Aung Myint (M69) taught at RIT and Singapore Poly.
- U Aung Myint (Pet69) taught at RIT and is known for his cartoons (notably Kyant Ba Hone).
- U Aung Myint (Min70) is an actor, guitarist and vocalist. He is also known as “Thamankyar Ko Myint”.
- U Aung Myint, who hails from the “Yogi Thway Say” family and also operates a recording studio (initially for his spouse : vocalist Phyu Thi).
- U Soe Win (M66) is a close friend of Saya Lin (M66).
- U Soe Win (EP69, GBNF) was Captain of RIT Basketball team.
- U Soe Win (EC70) worked for UCC and PTC.
- U Han Sein (C69) is a multiple sports athlete.
He is also “TONE KYAW”.
69er HCF members inadvertently put him in the GBNF list.
The authorities “sneaked him away” for many years.
- U Han Sein (M72) taught at RIT before joining the Navy.
He retired as a Deputy Minister.
- Some names are misspelled and/or mispronounced.
- The most notable is Saya U TIN SWE.
Many called him wrongly as U TINT SWE or U TIN SHWE.
Some are better known by their nick names.
- SARGALAY [turned LA DA] : Ko Khin Maung Win (EP69)
- AJALA : Ko Moe Hein (ChE69)
- ROCKET [turned DSL MAE DAW GYI] : Sayama Daw Tin Tin Myint (Emma, ChE70)
- LA LA : Ko Aye Win Hlaing (Abel, EE72)