Updated : August 8, 2019
The list is not exhaustive.
- Chan Boon Pin graduated on or around 1948 with Mech/Elec combined degree. He retired as Deputy Chief Engineer at Burma Railways. He is the father of Robert Chan (San Lin, EC73, Texas).
- Dr. Chit is a high ranking BSPP official. He won several awards for his books. He is the father of Daw Thida Khin (UCC).
- U Chit (Blacksmith)
- Bohmu Chit Hlaing was a Commodore in the Burma Navy.
- U Chit Hlaing is an author of the “Burmese Way to Socialism”.
- U Chit Hlaing (father of Han Tun, Nyunt Shwe, Sein Hlaing, Myo Hlaing) was Commissioner of Excise.
- U Chit Hlaing is the brother of Colonel Chit Myaing.
- U Chit Kaung is a vocalist.
- Yebaw Chit Kaung was one of the earliest tried for treason.
- U Chit Khin was a famous movie Director.
- U Chit Khin is named after his parents : Dr. Chit Swe and Daw Khin Khin Latt.
- Bohmu Chit Ko Ko was one of the earliest “Ah Twin Yay Hmu” (Secretary) of the Revolutionary Council & associated government.
- U Chit Maung (Actor and Director)
- U Chit Maung (Entrepreneur) is the father of U Sein Tin, U Mya Maung (GBNF), Saya U Tin Htut (M60), Daw Kyi Kyi Chit Maung, Daw Si Si Chit Maung, Daw Yi Yi Chit Maung (Ph.D), Dr. Than Toe and Sayama Daw Kin Kin Chit Maung (RIT English).
- U Chit Mya is a weight lifting champion.
- Daw Chit Mya Sein is the daughter of Actor/Director U Chin Sein.
- U Chit Myaing is the last member of the 17-man Revolutionary Council to pass away. He served as Ambassador to Yugoslavia and the UK. After relocating to the USA, he served as Gawpaka of selected monasteries in the East Coast. He is the father of Daw Lei Lei Myaing (Amy, T70)
- U Chit Pe (M69) was a room mate of U Khin Maung Gyi (Min69).
- U Chit Pyaing (Younger brother of Colonel Chit Myaing)
- Chit Sabai is a vocalist.
- U Chit Soe is a swimming champion turned diplomat. He is the younger brother of Willie Soe Maung (Myint Soe, SPHS63, BDS69, GBNF).
- Dr. Chit Swe (Saya Chit) founded UCC with the help of Saya U Soe Paing, Saya U Myo Min and Saya U Ko Ko Lay (GBNF). He was my mentor at UCC. I learned a lot by working on various projects with him.
- Sandaya Chit Swe is a renowned composer and pianist. He was one of top three Sandaya sayas of his time. The other two are Gita Lu Lin Maung Ko Ko and Sandaya Hla Htut.
- U Chit Tin (EC69, GBNF) worked for MOC/MOGE and in Singapore.
- U Chit Tin, spouse of my cousin aunt, is one of the few people that I know that was not sick in their life time. The other is U Kwee Si (Ah Yoe Ku Saya). Grapevine says that both passed away the very day they sort of “fell sick”.
- Khayan U Chit Tin (Burmese Say Saya)
- U Chit Tun requested Mahasi Sayadaw to leave behind some monks in the USA.
- Amy Chit Myaing (Lei Lei Myaing, T70) retired from IMF. She is the daughter of Colonel Chit Myaing.
U Khin Maung Zaw (EC76, SPHS70) wrote :
Ma Amy’s younger brother Kenneth Chit Myaing is my classmate at St. Paul’s. He left SPHS before matriculation to join his dad, went over to Methodist English, Dagon (1) upon return. If I recall correctly, he went to Institute of Dentistry after matriculation.
There was U Chit, who ran the metal shop at RIT. Someone spread a rumor that myself and another classmate are nephews of U Thet Lwin, the RIT registrar, thus he took care of us good. He also had a shop at the canteen, ran by his wife, which we frequent often.