Updated : August 5, 2019
- Mangala is usually rendered as auspices or blessings.
- The Myanmar equivalent is “Mingalar”.
- Mangala Sutta describes 38 Blessings, which are related to both Loki (mundane) and Lokotra (supramundane).
It is the First of the 11 suttas covered in “Paritta Pali” (Protective Verses).
- At PPBRS, we had to study “Mingalar Kabyar” by Saya Dagon U Tun Myint. I received a Thermos flask for successfully reciting the Mingalar Kabyar.
- U Thu Kha wrote a book discussing the Mangala sutta (using lay people’s terms).
- Cartoonists such as U Pe Thein published books about the 38 Blessings.