Post : 2000
Updated : August 5, 2019
We appreciate the cetana of the following alumni who felt that the RIT Alumni International should have activities beyond the first ever RIT Grand Reunion and Saya Pu Zaw Pwe. They are honored as “Golden Sponsors” of SPZP-2000.
- Steeve Kay (U Thaung Sein, EC70, Southern California) donated $1000 initially and later gave an additional $1800.
- Ivan Lee (U Khin Maung Oo, M69, New Jersey) donated $1200 for the General Fund of RIT Alumni International (and for SPZP-2000). He earlier donated $360 for one year’s operating expense of the ex-rit.or web site
- David Ko (U Tin Myint, M67, Northern California) donated $1000 for SPZP-2000
- U Maung Maung Than (M79, Texas) donated a Round-trip ticket to Myanmar (By popular acclaim, the ticket was given to Sayagyi U Ba Toke.)
- Benny Tan (Tan Eu Beng, M70) donated in cash and kind. He designed the memorabilia (Banner, Mug, Calculator/Clock and Tee-shirt). Since he had gift shops, he obtained most of the memorabilia from his vendors at discount prices.
Some memorabilia were put on sale at SPZP-2000.
Steeve Kay and Benny Tan are Golden Sponsors for several more SPZPs.
Ivan Lee sponsored Sayama Naw Mu Mu Aye to attend a SPZP in Singapore.
David Ko donated US $3000 to SPZP-2012.
Ko Zaw Min Nawaday (EP70) hosted Sayagyi U Ba Toke and his son Ko Ye Myint (EP72) at his then new house in Hayward, California. Saya Allen Htay, Saya U Tin Htut and several sayas and alumni took care of Sayagyi’s stay.