- I have the official DVD of the 40th Anniversary gathering and mini-SPZP of the class of ’69. Viewing it will take about two hour.
- Except for thin, grey or dyed hair, some did not seem to have changed much over the years. Ko Aung Min, Master of Ceremonies, appeared to have gained some weight.
- Maung Kabar Myint Thein (GBNF) — a core organizer who offered the use of his office for the preparation meetings — looked as young as ever at the gathering. Sad to note that he is now GBNF,
- After four decades, it is difficult if not impossible to recognize some faces and recall their names and nick names.
- Thanks to Ko Thein Swe for his e-mail describing the event. He also remembers the names and nicknames of the EE69ers.
Sayas at the mini-PZP
- Saya U Ba Than (M)
- Saya U Khin Aung Kyi (ChE, former Rector),
- Saya U Thit (Met, Melbourne, Australia, GBNF)
- Saya U Myo Myint Sein (Arch, California, US)
- Saya U Thein Lwin (EE, elder brother of Daniel Tint Lwin, GBNF)
- Saya U Soe Paing (my mentor at both RIT and UCC)
- Saya U Moe Aung (EE, Tekkatho Moe War, Chief Editor of “Swe Daw Yeik Sar Saung”, “Hylat Sit Sar Saung)
- Saya U Ba Myint (EE, former Pro-Rector)
- Saya U Khine Oo (EE)
- Saya U S. Kyaw Aye (M, elder brother of Abdul Raof)
- Saya U Han Tun (M, GBNF)
- Saya Dr. Thaung Myint (Maths)
- Saya Dr. Kyaw Win (Pet)
- Sayama Daw Tin Myint (ChE).
In the DVD, the commentator mentioned the name and department of the saya/sayama.
On behalf of the sayas and sayamas, Saya U Khin Aung Kyi, Saya U Thein Lwin, Saya U Moe Aung, … gave short speeches . Some sayas (e.g. Saya U Shwe Hlaing) could not make it to the event, but two photos of Saya U Shwe Hlaing (per kind favor of U TAG) has been posted on the web site.
Alumni at the Gathering
We wish the commentator had thrown in more names of the attendees [not just the presenters and the performers] so that we can match the names and faces of our long lost classmates.
The following said a few words on behalf of the 69ers
- Ko Khin Maung Tin (M 69)
- Ko Nyi Hla Nge (C 69)
- Maung Kabar Ko Myint Thein (M 69, GBNF)
- Ko Daniel Tint Lwin (M 69)
- Ko Robert Win Boh (EC 69)
- Ko Aung Kyaw Pe (EP 69)
- Pathein Ko Aung Myint (M 69)
- Ma Khin Than Myint Tin (Magaret Aung Tin, M 69)
The following took part in the musical and dance entertainment.
- Saya U Khin Aung Kyi
- Saya U Moe Aung
- Ko Albert Kyaw Min (several Burmese and English songs)
- Ko Khin Maung Nyunt
- Ko Hla Shwe (GBNF)
- Ko Myint Thein (Maung Kabar, GBNF)
- Ko Daniel Tint Lwin
- Ko Robert Win Boh
- Naw Mu Mu Aye and company
- Ko Myo Nyunt
- Ko David Myint Thein
- Ko Aung Min,
- Ko Khin Maung Win (Sargalay)
- Ko Aye Lwin
- several core organizers
Upazin Myo Tun (Bobby) was in good company with Saw Tobius Kittum Ku (Toby) and Ko Khin Maung Hla.
Ko Kyaw Kyaw, Ko Aung Khin, Ko Thet Tun and Ma Thwin Thwin Aye Hmi were not present at the gathering,
Optimists and Realists
- Optimists say they will take part in the Golden Jubilee in 2019.
- Realists note that the GBNF list has 39. They suggest meeting several times before 2019.
- The commentator noted that unlike other batches who studied 4 years or 6 years, most intake of 2nd BE in ’64 spent 5 wonderful years at RIT.
- Kudos to the organizers, sponsors, and well-wishers for keeping the RIT spirit alive and well.
Editor’s Note (2019) :
- There was a pseudo Golden Jubilee in 2014 to celebrate the Golden Anniversary of the Admission to RIT.
- The true Golden Jubilee for Graduation is scheduled for December 14, 2019.
- The GBNF list has 88 members.
- Of the eleven EC69ers, Ko Kyaw Soe, Ko Aung Thu Yein (Brownie) and Ko Chit Tin are GBNF.
- Ko Khin Maung Oo (Ivan), Ko Sein Myint, Ma Myint Myint are major donors to the 69er Health Care Fund.
- Ko Aung Min and team send out monthly reports of the 69er HCF.
- The monthly breakfast gathering at Taw Win Hnin Si usually has a host celebrating his/her birthday or anniversary. The attendance ranges from 40 to nearly 100 attendees (depending on the schedule conflicts and weather).