Updated : August 4, 2019
In the early 60s, Sayagyi U Aung Khin served as Head of the Mechanical Engineering. Saya U San Tun (M59) served as Lecturer and Head of Automobile Engineering (sub-department of Mechanical). U Kyaw Myint (M/Auto64) was the from the first batch of M/Auto. He joined the Mechanical Engineering department.
- Sayagyi U Aung Khin relocated to Windsor, Canada.
- Saya U San Tun relocated to San Francisco, California, USA.
- Saya U Kyaw Myint spent several years in Beijing, China working on UN projects.
- In the late 90s, Saya U Kyaw Myint invited his former sayas U Aung Khin and U San Tun to visit him in Beijing.
- After the two sayas returned from the China trip, there was a mini-gathering by the San Francisco Bay Area RIT alumni to welcome them back.
- The event was reported in the BAPS Newsletter.
- After retirement, Saya U Kyaw Myint relocated to Daly City, California, USA.
- A few months ago, Saya lost his beloved spouse Dr. Daw Kyin Yee.
- Since Daw Kyin Yee was a body donor, the last rites were performed in private.
- The “La Lei Soon Kwyay” was offered a month later at Dhammananda Vihara, Half Moon Bay, California.