Updated : August 4, 2019
- A deck of cards has 52 cards.
- The 52 cards in a deck correspond to the number of weeks in a year.
- There are 4 suits : Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts and Spades.
Spades and Clubs are known as Black suits.
Hearts and Diamonds are known as Red suits.
- The 4 suits correspond to the 4 seasons or 4 quarters of a year.
- There are 13 cards in a suit.
They are called Ace (or One), Deuce (or Two), Trey (or Three), Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Jack (or Knave), Queen, King.
- The 13 cards in a suit correspond to the number of weeks in a quarter.
- It is a Data Structure based on a Deck.
- An item can be added to the front or rear of a deque.
- An item can be removed from the front or rear of a deque.
- A Queue is a restricted Deque where an item can only be added to the rear, and can only be removed from the front. It is also known as FIFO (First In First Out).
- A Stack is a restricted Deque where an item can only be added to the front, and can only be removed from the front. It is also known as LIFO (Last In First Out).
- There are hundreds of Card Games.
- A card game may use a single deck or multiple decks.
- Based on the card game, a card may have a face value.
- It is aka as Vingt-e-un or Twenty One.
- The rules may vary slightly for private and public games.
- An Ace can have a value of one or eleven.
- There may be a minimum number of points for a player to stay.
- If the points exceed 21, a play is busted.
- In a bidding convention for Bridge, an Ace is considered as 4 points, King as 3 points, Queen as 2 points and Jack as 1 point.
- A player needs 11 or more points to open a bid.
The partner needs 6 or more points to respond to the bid.
- U Khin Maung Oo (Ivan Lee, M69) is a Life Long Gold in Bridge.
- Solitaire is a collection of card games that one can play alone for fun or for challenge (based on points or elapsed time).
- Common members of Solitaire are
(b) Free Cell
- Ta Chut Hmauk (“Show”)
- Koe Mee
- Bu Gyi
- 13-card Poker