Updated : August 4, 2019
Boundary may stand for a dividing line.
In Mathematics, we learned about Interior points, Exterior points and Boundary points.
Boundary Road, PPBRS and PBRS
Boundary Road supposedly marked the limit of the “old” Rangoon.
PPBRS (Private Primary Boundary Road School) was founded by Daw Tin Tin Aye.
Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Ah Mar) is the younger sister of Daw Tin Tin Aye. She succeeded her sister as the Principal. PPBRS expanded into Middle School and ultimately High School. One motivation was to keep her eldest son Thane Myint in her school until Matriculation. PPBRS became PBRS (Private Boundary Road School).
During our days, children started with Infant (C) and then progressed to Infant (B) and Infant (A). Some schools would call them LKG (Lower KG), MKG (Middle KG) and UKG (Upper KG).
Alumni of PPBRS include
- Tin Maung Thant (Ah Pho Gyi), son of U Thant (United Nations Secretary General)
- Francis Ohn Maung (son of Arzani U Ohn Maung)
- Dr. Flora Aye (medical doctor who worked in Brunei and moved to the USA)
- Peggy Mya Maung, Dr. Winnie Mya Maung (Win Mar, winner of Academy for her role in “Pho Pyone Cho”, Ted (Toe Nyunt, “Shwe Gaung Byaung”) and Rosebelle (Academy Sandar)
- Margie Bu (Daw Aung Si), Stanley Bu (A1 Than Htut), Freddie (A1 Thein Htut), Bobby (Aung Myint, Thamankyar Ko Myint)
- Than Win (T70, script writer for Thamankyar)
- Nay Win (M69, GBNF)
- Han Tun (SPHS, DSA)
- Dr. Elizabeth Kyaw Tun (Ph.D. in English), elder daughter of Saya U Kyaw Tun
- Khin Maung Oo (Master Mariner and Saya of many seafarers)
I did not like to go to school. That all changed when Teacher Kywe (at PPBRS) transformed me. My mother would ask me to pay respect to her annually until she retired. It was my micro-SPZP.