Updated : July 12, 2019
- Peter Pe is the younger brother of Saya U Nita Pe.
- He was among the top Matriculates who were admitted to the first ever 1st BE in November 1964.
- He was Roll Number 4 (in order of merit).
- He was a key member of the RIT Swimming and Water Polo team. He was a team mate of Ko Htay Aung (M69, Burma Selected), Ko Sein Myint (EP69), Ko Moe Hein (ChE69) and Ko Win Aung (M70).
- He was an early casualty for the Class of 70.
Ko Zaw Min Nawaday (EP70) wrote :
It was truly a sad story. We shared the same bench according to the seating plan during the second part of the our 1st year since he was No 4 in our 1st yr class.
We also shared being part of the same platoon in our 2nd year UTC.
That fateful day, he was telling everyone he was saving money to make horseback rides at 25 pyas per ride. He was very happy he managed to save 75 pyas and told us he was looking forward to his ride. Unfortunately, he fell down backwards from his horse. He landed on his butt but the momentum of falling made his head hit the ground as he fell backwards. His head hit a little stone and his parents send him to a say gan. Around 8 pm, he complained of a headache and subsequently died. If he were in the US, they may have done a cat scan of the head immediately and his life would have been saved. RIP to an old friend.