Updated : June 19, 2019
- M is the 13th letter of the English Alphabet.
- M us a Roman Numeral with the value of 1000.
- M (Million). e.g. 1 Million = 1,000,000
- M (Mega). e.g. 1 MB (Megabyte) = 1024 x 1024 bytes (more than a million). This has roots in using the Binary Number System in computers.
- M (Master). e.g. M.Sc. or M.A.
- M (Medical), e.g. MS (Medical Superintendent)
- M (Medicine), e.g. MD (Doctor of Medicince)
- M (Management). e.g. MIS (Management Information Systems).
- MI (Machine Intelligence)
- MI (Military Intelligence)
- MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) in the USA. Professor Horwood (MIT) came to the University of Rangoon as a Visiting Professor. Sayagyi U Ba Hli proposed the Twinning Program, and Professor Horwood helped implement on the MIT side by accepting Burmese students for undergraduate and graduate study.
- MIT (Mandalay Institute of Technology) in Myanmar. BIT (Burma Institute of Technology) was renamed as RIT (Rangoon Institute of Technology) to allow engineering institutes to be opened in Mandalay and other cities.
- M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions).
- M&M stands for a specific brand of chocolate/sweet.