Updated on June 14, 2019
- Maung Ba Gyan passed the Matriculation examination with a distinction in Burmese.
- He received a perfect score of 25 for the Essay. The essay was reprinted in the book by “Gon Htoo” Thein Naing (Burmese Honors).
- Grapevine says that the senior sayas at Rangoon University and Mandalay University had to concur that he was worthy of the then rare distinction in Burmese.
- He became known as a distinguished poet named Tin Moe.
- He received the National Literary Award for his collection of poems.
- I met him, Maung Swan Yi and Director Win Pe at the San Francisco Bay Area Literary Talks and at the house of Saya Dr. Kyaw Tint (Physics).
- He passed away in Southern California in 2007.
- Literary lovers published a book in his memory.