Updated : June 14, 2019
Souvenirs – Part Four
- In the old Education systems, only those who passed I.Sc. examination with science option (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) with 50 or more marks in those “major” subjects could apply for the engineering school.
- The classes were called 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (Final) year of engineering.
New Education System
In November 1964, under the then new Education System, three batches of students were admitted to RIT.
- 400+ students attended the first ever 1st BE
- 300+ students attended the first ever 2nd BE
- about 200 students attended the first ever 3rd BE
RU Golden Jubilee
The Golden Jubilee of Rangoon University was celebrated in 1970. “Swel Daw Yiek Anyeint” and “Htee Yein” from RIT were attractions. The two items were organized by Saya U Saw Htun (“Saw Lu”, Head of the RIT Burmese Department).
The Shwe YaDu of the New Education System was celebrated by
- 69ers (for the admission to the 2nd BE in 1964)
- the Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65
- YTU with the support of Swel Daw Yeik Foundation and Alumni