Updated on May 23, 2019
RIT and its successors have produced many distinguished authors and/or Laureate Poets.
Tekkatho Moe War
Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War, EE 63)’s works include
- Editor of RUESU (Rangoon University Engineering Students Union) Magazine
- Chief Editor of “Hlyat Sit Sar Saung” (published the EE Association)
- Chief Editor of RIT Annual Magazines (for a decade or so)
- Chief Editor of commemorative “Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung” (for SPZP-2002, SPZP-2007, and SPZP-2010)
- Chief Editor of commemorative “Swel Daw Yeik Magazine” (for Shwe YaDu and SPZP-2016)
- “Swel Daw Yeik Foundation News/Updates”
- Articles and Poems in newspapers, journals, magazines
- Author and/or Co-author of Books (Poems, Articles)
Daw Cho Cho Tin (Ma Sandar, A 71) won several National Literary Awards. She donated several of her books to SPZP-2012, the Golden Jubilee, and selected “G Hall Thus”. Her spouse, U San Maung (A 7x) served as an editor of the “GJ” issue for the combined 1st BE intake of ’64 and ’65.
U Myint Pe
U Myint Pe (“Cartoon”, “Lushwindaw Seik Kyi”, M 72) is a co-founder of the famed “RIT Cartoon Box” with Saya U Khin Maung Phone Ko (“Phone Ko”, C 64) and Saya U Aung Myint (“Kyant Ba Hone”, Pet 69). He and fellow “Cartoon Box” alums (such as Mann Be (a) Aw Pi Kye) compiled a commemorative book for SPZP-2012 and a commemorative pamphlet for GJ.
U Thiha Latt
Saya U Thiha Latt (T8x) is a Cartoon Box alum. He coordinated the publishing/printing of “Swel Daw Yeik Magazine”, “Cartoon Selections”, “History of University Engineering Education in Burma/Myanmar”, …
Other Notable Authors, Poets and Composers
- N. Jar Thaing served as contributing author & editorial adviser of various RIT publications.
- Maung Sein Win (Padeegone)
- Saya U Taing Oke (“Yin Maung”)
- Saya U Thet Lwin (composer of “Mya Kyun Nyo Nyo Kun Yeik Kho”)
- Ko Ko (Hset Hmu)
- Saya U Nyunt Htay
- Saya U Aung Myaing
- U Toe Aung