Updated on May 6, 2019
- U Hla succeeded U Soe Thein as Registrar of RIT.
- Ludu U Hla is a prolific writer, journalist and publisher.
- U Hla Aung taught at UCC, DCS and ICST.
- U Hla Aung (EP68) occasionally provides comments on my posts.
- Dr. Daw Hla Hla Sein taught Mathematics at RIT. She is the sister of Daw Mya Mya Sein and Daw Myint Myint Sein (M70).
- U Hla Khin (Navy) represented Burma in Rowing and Yachting.
- U Hla Maung was a Burma Selection for Football.
- Saya U Hla Maung taught Burmese and Abhidhamma. He was a member of the Myanmar Sar Ah Phwe (Burmese Langauge Commission).
- U Hla Maung (father of Ronnie Hla Maung my classmate at SPHS) was a Thamadi Myo Wun.
- U Hla Maung (son of Auditor General U San Maung) volunteered as an interpreter for dhamma talks.
- There are several Hla Min. (See the post on “Min”).
- Dr. Hla Myint (Mack, ChE57) taught at RIT. He worked in Thailand and Australia.
- Dr. Hla Myint (“Ah Ba”) is a revered saya in the Medical Community.
- Saya U Hla Nyunt taught Physics at the University of Rangoon.
- U Hla Nyunt (father of Mary Nicely) taught Burmese at the US Naval School and/or Defense Language Institute.
- Colonel Hla Oung was a Minister and President of the Burma Hiking and Mountaineering Association.
- U Hla Pe became Sayadaw U Vinaya (Chief Resident monk of Kaba Aye Sunlun Gu Kyaung).
- Dr. Hla Pe was a Professor at the School of Oriental and Asian Studies in the UK. He wrote “Burmese Proverbs”.
- Dr. Hla Phay (Henry) is a Past President of USBMA.
- U Hla Soe, U Ba Soe, U Wan Maung and a Catholic Priest were tried and convicted of helping Kyaw Swar Myint (PSO).
- Hla Thaung is a recipient of “Aung San Thuriya”. There is a school named in his honor.
- U Hla Thaung (Minn Aung, EP69) is a Khamee Khamet of U Aung Khin (EP68).
- Prof. U Hla Thein served as Professor of Pathology, Institute of Medicine 1 Rangoon
- U Hla Thein is a Dhamma Khahtika (Lecturer for Dhamma)
- U Hla Thin, father of U Htin Aung (Richard), was a Government Advocate and Judge.
- Dr. Hla Thwin, father of Dr. Aye Aye Thwin and U Mya Thwin (Phillip), was Professor of Psychology at the University of Rangoon.
- U Hla Win (M73-75) is an organizer for SPZP and SDYF. He is a member of the Myanmar Pyeikkadein Ah Kyan Pay Ah Phwe. He teaches at MARB.
- Dr. Hla Yee Yee is an MD and Ph.D. She won Essay Contests conducted by Daw Lay’s Circle (Guardian Newspaper). She retired from a Malaysian University.
Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint wrote :
Father defended U Ba Soe, U Hla Soe and their brother in law U Wan Maung on this case. They were sentenced for seven years but released after five years. The Catholic priest was deported. When the priest was on the stand, he talked about being tortured and interrogated by military intelligence with electrode wires on his private parts. He appeared only for one day only and was hastily deported without any more court appearance.
- U Chit Hla Sein, son of U Chin Sein, taught movie production at Regional College (RC2).
- Saya Dr. San Hla Aung (C58) taught at RIT and Tulane University.
- Min Hla is a city in Myanmar.