Updated on May 5, 2019
- The monthly meetings of Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF) were mostly held at the house of U Khin Maung Tun (President).
- Some attendees make donation to SDYF at the meetings.
- U Khin Maung Tun has led by example to ensure that SDYF will have no or low overhead.
- He has donated and/or pledged K1500+ lakhs.
- He offers sumptuous meals for lunch meetings.
- At one meeting — preparation for the Annual General Meeting of SDYF — U Tin Latt (M85) also offered food donation. Most attendees enjoyed the President’s lunch and gladly accepted U Tin Latt’s food as “take out”.
- SDYF has guidelines to provide financial support for the health care of eligible sayas.
- For eligible sayas and sayamas, SDYF provides K4 Lakhs for hospitalization and an annual medical checkup.
- On a case by case basic, financial support is provided to sayas (e.g. Sayadaw Dr. Lwin Aung (A59), Saya U Kyaw Sein (M65), Saya U Ohn Maung (ChE68)) who need to visit clinics frequently and/or need long term care.
Discussions and/or Resolutions
- Spend K50 lakhs for the medical check up of eligible sayas and sayas
- Fund for vision check up and follow up operations
- Provisional financial support for use in presenting research papers overseas.
- “Total Care” program for eligible sayas and sayamas