Updated on May 5, 2019
- Daw Than Yi (EP70)’s pen name is Maubin Ma Shwe Than.
- Her spouse is Dr. San Oo (EP67).
- Daw Than Yi, Dr. San Oo and U Myo Myint (EC68) served as Associate Editors of the Hlyat Sit Sar Saung published by RIT Electrical Engineering Association. Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War) was the Chief Editor.
- During her student days, Working People’s Daily (WPD) selected one of her short stories, and published the English translation in the “WPD Sunday Supplement”. She received an honorarium of fifty kyats for her article.
- She blogged about her classmates, G-Hall Thus and her teachers. The blogs were compiled into a book.
Daw Than Yi and her spouse Dr. San Oo share hobbies and passion.
- They wrote articles for the commemorative Swel Daw Yeik Magazine
- They reprinted “Kaba Phyu” — science fiction by Journal Gyaw Tint Swe (Dr. San Oo’s father)
- They encourage their grandson William to write a book
- They established “East and West Parami” hospital, and offered monthly soon dana with the staff members